Realistic idea?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris6060

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys, so I finally thought up the dream I have for my truck and I wanna know if its a realistic idea.

My truck is 4WD so lowering is a bit of a blind topic, and I wanna know your guys' opinions on it. As far as my understanding goes, I can get lowering torsion bar keys for 1-3" of lowering in the front, and dropping the rear is like dropping a 2WD truck...

So whats the lowest I can go on a 4WD truck? I was thinking the torsion keys and then a 4" drop in the rear... 1,2,3/4 drop?

Would that look awkward? I want to keep the 4WD functional, because for now and the forseeable future this truck will be run all year round...

I'm thinking that drop with a 20x9" or a 20x10" rim with a bit of offset and like 305/40R20s or 305/50R20s?

I was thinking all of this with the factory HD OEM Fenderflares colormatched white... I'm looking for an auto-cross type look. A lot like the Stingray in this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sh_8zMVlNVM

I love that huge, wide, stanced out, wide tire, super handling look. I can't get over it and the vision of my truck in my head is awesome, I just have no idea if its realistic and I dunno who to ask, because locally everyone lifts their trucks, not the other way around.

Thanks in advance you guys!

You must be registered for see images attach
Photo 2014-03-30, 3 06 47 PM

This is how she sits right now, except I have a brand new '94+ GMC grille ready to be painted and installed with a Billet insert.

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
look up posts by the member low4x4 on here. his truck is 4x4 lowered he has a build page on here with everything listed that hes done.really good guy have met him in person i'm sure if you catch him on here or message him he can answer some questions

Last edited:

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
X2 He has a very nicely done truck.
the pictures he has on here are nothing compared to seeing that engine compartment in person it is absolutely amazing when your right there.Hell of alot of workmanship in that truck