RCX Lift Kit Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lifted92

Reaction score
Just a note on the 2"-3" lift. I wanted the look of not seeing the lower control arms hanging below so I bought the smaller one. Needless to say the control arms are at such a dramatic angle that I am going to wear out the steering components a heck of a lot faster and the worst part is that since it is at such a dramatic angle I have exceeded the space in which the camber bolts can adjust meaning my tires are sitting like \ / and nobody has been able to align them. :(

cjman250

Last Of A Dying Breed
Reaction score
I'm just worried about getting 35's and not regearing.. Also that the 2" crank would wear on parts just like it is now..
It wouldn't wear as bad because of the diff drop, so you would only be cranking it . 75" because the drop is 5.25". What gears are you running?

Bamaoffroader

Reaction score
I run the 2.5-3" kit with the old style upper control arms. I wish mine had the newer updated style as I think it would help the ride. I bought mine because I had the new keys and modified the control bumpstops to get more lift and I was binding in the inner CV joints, and kept blowing the RH axle apart. I was mainly after the drop for the diff to get the CV angles back in order. But now my skid plate hangs down low and the is no drop brackets for the steering, so you'll see increased steering parts wear. I'm trying to decide now whether I want to upgrade to a RCX 6" lift, so spend a little more and go with a SAS kit. I'm leaning toward the SAS kit cuz I wanna go with a locker in the front.

House003

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think I'm going to go with the 4" and 33's.. Plus I'm going to get all new front end parts as well when I put it in so it should ride super nice. Thanks for all the help guys!