RCX Lift Kit Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

House003

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I currently have aftermarket torsion keys and 2" rear blocks and 3" crank up front for level. I am getting new tires soon and also want to upgrade my lift kit as well so I don't wear through so many front end components. I'm debating between the 2-3" rough country lift and the 4" kit. I like the 2-3" because it comes with upper control arms and ball joints which I'm going to need to replace anyways. But that still leaves a lot of things at bad angles so I'm considering the 4" lift.. A little more expensive and more work but angles that are as good or better than stock. The only things I'm questioning is if I would be able to use the aftermarket torsion keys I have now with the kit, or if I would somehow have to get a hold of some stock keys. Also what's involved with re routing the exhaust with the 4" kit? Any help or advice is greatly appreciated! Thanks guys.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
You will need stock keys for the 4". Now if you wanted it at 6 you could leak the ford keys in there. I would recommend the 4 over the 2-3. And I got an exhaust shop to reroute my exhaust over the driveshaft. I think he charged me $100 but that also included welding on my muffler that was clamped on.

House003

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You will need stock keys for the 4". Now if you wanted it at 6 you could leak the ford keys in there. I would recommend the 4 over the 2-3. And I got an exhaust shop to reroute my exhaust over the driveshaft. I think he charged me $100 but that also included welding on my muffler that was clamped on.

Do you know how I would be able to get a hold of some stock keys? Also can you fit 33x12.5's on any offset rim?

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Junk yard is probably your best bet or post in the wanted section someone may have some they'll sell you. Yes you can run any offset because you can crank them up a little if they rub. The 4" kit is actually a 5.25" drop.

GMC Burbalade

Busy slacking
Reaction score
If you're already cranked 3" then the 2-3" kit isn't going to gain you much, if any height. Only thing it will do is slightly help SOME of your angles.

I'd say go for the 4" but like Hunter said you'll need stock keys if you don't want it cranked to 6". If you can't find stock keys let me know and I'll grab a set from the local yard for you, or you can post an ad in the wanted section. Might be able to find someone that already has a set laying around.

Angles on the 4" are indeed better than stock as long as it's cranked below 5.25" of lift since that's how big the brackets are. Same kit as the 6" minus the AALs.

House003

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys! I think I'm going to make a little more money before summer and then buy the 4", also if I want to go bigger later on I can get 3/4 ton springs and just keep the torsion keys I have now. And thanks for the offer on finding some stock keys! I'll let you know if I need any help getting some when the time comes. I just like the idea of the 2-3 because of the ball joints that you get with it which I need anyways.. I really don't want to replace them because they are a PITA.

House003

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Okay now this has me thinking.. Maybe I'll get the six.. If I get the 6" then can I keep my aftermarket keys or will I still need the stock ones? Also I'm getting new tires anyways and 35's are the same price so why not? Just wondering if the 6" would wear out parts again like I have now or not.. Also can I fit 35 12.50 r15's on my 15x8's?

cjman250

Last Of A Dying Breed
Reaction score
The 6 inch is the same price so you might as well and crank to 6 when you get 35s. My friend had a 6in +3in body with 37/14.50/15 iroks on a 15x10 wheel with no scrub

House003

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm just worried about getting 35's and not regearing.. Also that the 2" crank would wear on parts just like it is now..