Radio Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HeavyAsAChevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I thought about doing that but did not want to cut the interior panels. Never seems to look right to my eye, but that's just me.
About 1/2 my clips broke but i figure if i get rattles in them i can always put some silicone behind the panel and glue it in place. That would be the only time i ever would take it apart again.
That’s true, but this already isn’t a nice truck so if it doesn’t look 100% right is ok with me. I mean I’ve been in a wreck and pulled parts off of a 94 u think so my front quarter panel doesn’t match and I’ve got a Chevy grill instead of my GMC onemy driver seat is ripped, hood dented and the paint is chipped literally everywhere. Absolutely no ac or fan because of a bad wire, switch panel, blower I think, probably doesn’t have Freon and most likely needs a compressor. But right now I’ve gotta check my my trans is clunking. Hopefully just a loose mount. sorry about the ramble

Spareparts

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well sounds like it's either time for a different truck or fix that fkr up! Sounds like you have a good parts truck or a good start on a project to me.

Cadillac Bob

Slammin original 4x4 Cadillac doors!
Reaction score
Has anyone replaced stock delco with a nav screen deck? One that is flat in dash “gmt800 nav radio looking” unit? I’d really like to have that look of upgraded stock here’s a pic of gmt800 Escalade nav radio.
You must be registered for see images attach

Dariusz Salomon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just my 2 cents-when I bought my tahoe it was fitted with alpine(but the brand doesn't matter in what I wanna say)with bluetooth and usb slot for flash drives/sd card readers. That is very useful as you can store so much music with instant access and connect to calls hands free. Makes the old girl feel like range rover lol

Cadillac Bob

Reaction score
Yup. Kids are out. Only me and the wife at home now. Sometimes when i tell her what im gonna do she does look at me kinda odd though sometimes.
Bought new quads last summer after some begging and man we have a blast on them riding/camping.
Figured it was time to have some good tunes in my truck after about 30yrs of nothing but talking or road noise. What got me started on wanting good tunes again was listening to some Steely Dan at work on a ****** old work radio.
Fez,dirty work,don’t take me alive,fm caves of altamira,black cow,aja,time out of mind! Just few I’ve been jamming lately 38 special if I’d been the one take a listen to.

Cadillac Bob

Reaction score
But I do have to say which I forgot is to ultimately test any sound system is play “Phil” in the air tonight! Which is my #1 favorite song it has it all in one song highest of highs and the killer build up to that rapid drum drop that most systems have a hard time keeping that truly clear!

Cadillac Bob

Reaction score
Eagles I can’t tell you why last half instrumental is really good and thin lizzy still in love with you last half instrumental is killer