Radio Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stvv

Reaction score
What is a decent radio under $200. Kinda want to put a double din in it. I can live with or without a backup camera. XM ready if possible.
There is just so many choices it's overwhelming. I have been researching for about a week and just can't decide.
Stock speakers for now but will be upgrading them in the next couple of months but i got to start someplace so head unit first.
Radio is going in my sig rig.
Thanks guys!
I chose to go the hybrid route, putting a single din with floatable screen. Using a 1.5 to single din converter.
You must be registered for see images attach

Russ k1500

Reaction score
Check out Crutchfield. I just got a good Kenwood radio from there that has blue tooth, cd, xm capability for my 2005 Astro. It came with the mount kit and every thing needed to install it. It was about $125 shipped.

Spareparts

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Started installing my stereo and had a nice surprise.:gr_grin: When i took the dash apart and pulled the old radio out i discovered a big hole already there from the factory so i did not need to start removing parts on the dash for the radio to fit. The heater controls are removed but you can see there is nothing to remove from the dash itself

Spareparts

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here it is installed. Nothing is hooked up yet as i need to get a free weekend to install the rest.
Remove seats for wiring the amp under the carpet. Wiring for the under seat sub.
Sound deadener in the doors
Run new wires from the amp to the door speakers.
Does not sound like a lot
but im calling it three days for me.

Darkimag22

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doing the same thing as you. Have a new headunit installed, new door speakers, amd/dsp and a couple 10" JLs. How hard was it running the new speaker wire into the doors...that is the last thing I have to do to.

Spareparts

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry wish i could say. Have not had the time to do anything other than what i have posted so far.
Anyone know how well Infinity Kappa 4X6 will mount in the back pillars of a extra cab?