quick lift question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

atyates

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ok my 97 z71 sits 3" lower to the ground than my ford does. when i take my chevy to my huntin property it bottoms out but my ford dont. so i want to lift it to be the same height as my ford. im just going to get lift blocks for the rear. and i was going to just crank the torsion keys on the front, well i cranked them all the way and i didnt get the 3" i needed. is there another way to get 3" of front lift?

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
Bigger tires or a full on lift. You might could replace the torsion bars as a possible solution.

atyates

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i might need to replace the torsion bars.. your right. there are 290,000 hard miles on that truck and they are the origonals.

atyates

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
what about getting 3" torsion keys? that way i get 3" without even having to crank.

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
keys are keys. you can crank the stock ones until you're on the droop stop. so the keys do not make a difference on a 400.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
What size tires are you running right now? Any plan on moving up in size because that will raise your truck up. And you said you cranked them to the max, how much did it lift the truck, because 3" of lift just by cranking is to much, at that point your hitting the bumpstops. If you do go this high you will need to flip your balljoints to get the alignment right. But you won't be able to run the factory 16's with the balljoints flipped and you'll wear out your frontend quickly. Trust me I've been there!

So personal opinion. Do not exceed 2" of crank. If you want more then buy a 4" RCX for around $900.

98slv

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What size tires are you running right now? Any plan on moving up in size because that will raise your truck up. And you said you cranked them to the max, how much did it lift the truck, because 3" of lift just by cranking is to much, at that point your hitting the bumpstops. If you do go this high you will need to flip your balljoints to get the alignment right. But you won't be able to run the factory 16's with the balljoints flipped and you'll wear out your frontend quickly. Trust me I've been there!

So personal opinion. Do not exceed 2" of crank. If you want more then buy a 4" RCX for around $900.

Yup, go get a 4inch RCX lift.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
That's only 1 more inch than you wanted. so 1) you get the lift you wanted and 2) you get an additional inch... win win in my book.

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
I wish I had $900 to just throw at a suspension lift, I'm sure if he did he probably wouldn't be asking this question...