[Q] Aluminum wheel polishing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TruckinAin4Sissies

L.E.D. Whisperer
Reaction score
Seeing how I swapped my old Centerline's out (for the 17" Denali's) I've no need for 'em anymore.

I've decided to sell them locally on Craigslist. However, I decided to polish them before I post.

PROBLEM:
I can't seem to get these micro-scratches out:

You must be registered for see images attach

What would YOU do?

-Truckin-

supertrucker1978

She Does???
Reaction score
What works for me........even though its very labor intensive is first get some Mothers Billet Polish. Apply on a part of the wheel, sprinkle a little bit of flour on the polish and use a latex glove and your finger. Rub until the polish turns black. Use a clean microfiber polishing cloth to wipe away the blackened polish. Then repeat the same process over minus the flour until the polish doesnt turn black......Or you are happy with the outcome.

TruckinAin4Sissies

L.E.D. Whisperer
Reaction score
wetsand them before you polish

2000 grit by hand. And machines after that, make the rest of the process so much easier.

Yep, I wet-sanded it throughout the whole process (up to 2K).

Checkout posts #23 & #25 of this thread. May help.

http://www.gmt400.com/forum/showthread.php?2330-The-Yukon/page5

Those are steel, but that method might work on the aluminum. Try it in a spot that won't be seen first.

-Truckin-