put the old girl to work today :)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

borahshadow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I didn't figure it would handle anywhere near that, that's just what the guy who ins.alled it told me lol. all I know is it didn't slip at all unless it's out of fluid( I have a leak that I'm to lazy to fix) It handles everything I throw at it so far, it does everything f retry on family commute to heavy hauling. And It keeps coming back for more

About how much does it usually cost (I know it varies by the shop) to have a tranny built like that? Also about how extensively can one of these be built without such a radical shift kit? aka how much can a 4l60 tranny that is built to be strong but Daily driver friendly handle?

Off topic slightly:

I'd like to do a 6.0 swap when my 350 finally expires and I still haven't decided which is the easier,cheaper, best option. Built 4l60e or 4l80E swap. I think that the built 4l60 would probably be cheaper up front as I'd probably want to rebuild whatever 4l80 I used for a swap but if I'd keep overworking a built 4l60 it might not be cheaper in the long run...

freightshaker203

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I only paid for parts and it was 1200 bucks for just parts..as far as everything else I'm not sure what the tranny can handle this is my first one

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wjauto1777