put the old girl to work today :)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

borahshadow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I didn't figure it would handle anywhere near that, that's just what the guy who ins.alled it told me lol. all I know is it didn't slip at all unless it's out of fluid( I have a leak that I'm to lazy to fix) It handles everything I throw at it so far, it does everything f retry on family commute to heavy hauling. And It keeps coming back for more

About how much does it usually cost (I know it varies by the shop) to have a tranny built like that? Also about how extensively can one of these be built without such a radical shift kit? aka how much can a 4l60 tranny that is built to be strong but Daily driver friendly handle?

Off topic slightly:

I'd like to do a 6.0 swap when my 350 finally expires and I still haven't decided which is the easier,cheaper, best option. Built 4l60e or 4l80E swap. I think that the built 4l60 would probably be cheaper up front as I'd probably want to rebuild whatever 4l80 I used for a swap but if I'd keep overworking a built 4l60 it might not be cheaper in the long run...

freightshaker203

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I only paid for parts and it was 1200 bucks for just parts..as far as everything else I'm not sure what the tranny can handle this is my first one