Protruding headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
I've got some aftermarket glass lenses on my truck that stick out; would swapping to the OEM adjusters help any?

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
The adjusters are built into the housing. The part that bolts to the core support is simply a bracket with no moving parts. But it couldn't hurt to try, unless you have to spend more than a few bucks on the OEM parts. May work, may not. You may also find the parts are just different enough that they don't fit, remember, they didn't try hard to make exact copies.

Richard

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
The adjusters are built into the housing. The part that bolts to the core support is simply a bracket with no moving parts. But it couldn't hurt to try, unless you have to spend more than a few bucks on the OEM parts. May work, may not. You may also find the parts are just different enough that they don't fit, remember, they didn't try hard to make exact copies.

Richard

I had some TYCs on the truck at first, but I couldn't get them to adjust worth a damn. I found the glass headlights and jumped on them because I couldn't find any when I was searching before I caved in and bought the OEM style replacements.
So I might try to tear the front end apart and experiment when my new bumper comes in. If not, worse comes to worse I'll go back to OEM if it starts to bug me bad enough.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
The only real problem I ever had with TYC's was that they sat droopy-eyed. Had to knock the alignment dowels off the brackets, slot the bolt holes, and enlarge the hole in the core support where the backside of the adjuster goes through because once I had the light "square" in relation to the grille, the adjuster wanted to hit the core support. Pretty annoying for what were claimed to be the "best" aftermarket headlights but other than the fitment issues I just described, they were pretty good. Had the same experience with multiple sets on multiple trucks so it clearly wasn't just some fluke.

Richard

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
The only real problem I ever had with TYC's was that they sat droopy-eyed. Had to knock the alignment dowels off the brackets, slot the bolt holes, and enlarge the hole in the core support where the backside of the adjuster goes through because once I had the light "square" in relation to the grille, the adjuster wanted to hit the core support. Pretty annoying for what were claimed to be the "best" aftermarket headlights but other than the fitment issues I just described, they were pretty good. Had the same experience with multiple sets on multiple trucks so it clearly wasn't just some fluke.

Richard

My problem was I was trying to adjust the headlights so the beam pattern was straight; and the damn adjusting screw backed out the housing entirely. Rethreaded it back in, and it did it again.
Other than that, everything lined up perfectly bracketry wise.

carlos127a

Reaction score
Hey guys thanks for the help i ended up changing over to a sierra grill and got a new set of headlights. The kit was 70 bucks well spent the headlight dont stick out anymore.

You must be registered for see images attach