ProSho Z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Needs this on the door now...

You must be registered for see images

:jester:

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Honestly the demold would be badass if it was a fleet side. But with the stepside pads and the flares and the sticker the cab just looks bare. I will stick around to see what you have in store. Who knows. You may just surprise me and make me look like an idiot. I say take off the z decal and plastidip the pads white. :shrug:

Tyler/T-Unit

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
Well, haven't really gotten around to updating my build thread, so why not do it now!? Here's what I have been up to, the regulars in the chat thread already know!

Obviously here is my truck...but this was the very last photo in this stage.

You must be registered for see images attach

De-Molding my truck by officertyler, on Flickr

I finally took the plunge and started removing the factory molding (trim). It was after I noticed that both sides were already starting to peel off by themselves, and I had already 3M taped one side back on...and it fell off again. Here is part of the passenger side removed. I used a heat gun on low setting and it really didn't take a lot to peel this stuff off. This demold was done a little over a month ago.

Cleaned up nicely on this panel.

Here is most of the passenger side removed and cleaned up

Driver side was done later that night.

1500 Emblems were saved and will later be reused

Now, let's take a look at the newly refreshed BAD Z71!

Untitled by officertyler, on Flickr

Looks good to me. Smoothie diesel front bumper, and smooth rear bumper will be coming for it later. Here are some videos after the process was complete, and then a final update video that I made yesterday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rhKBNc8O8I

^ This one was done a while back...

And then this one I made yesterday...thought I did one in between, but I guess not. lol. This one has no editing since my computer is screwed up...so that sucks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGSY7ECcH00

Anyhow. There ya go, build thread update a month too late. LOL.

The still belongs in a truck magazine :waytogo: i love the tow hook :rofl:

Needs this on the door now...

You must be registered for see images

:jester:

:rotflmao: i couldnt stop laughing at that one. Classic

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
Haha, Paul. Lol.

Z decal is going nowhere, that's a fact, Jack!

Just wait guys, honestly, I look at every GMT400 around here and they all have the molding..so I like being different, and removing is different. Pep Boys sells it by the roll, so if I need it back, it's there. Keep posted, as I get money things will be changing, debating on putting the 1500 emblem in the factory spot, or having some vinyl made that either says "SILVERADO" or a replica of the OBS 1500 emblem.

Sent from my Vortec Powered iPhone using Tapatalk

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
I think the gmt900 gm badge and silverado letters would look :boobs:

Last edited:

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Haha, Paul. Lol.

Just wait guys, honestly, I look at every GMT400 around here and they all have the molding..so I like being different, and removing is different. Pep Boys sells it by the roll, so if I need it back, it's there. Keep posted, as I get money things will be changing, debating on putting the 1500 emblem in the factory spot, or having some vinyl made that either says "SILVERADO" or a replica of the OBS 1500 emblem.

Yes but as p2 put it. There's different good an then there's different stupid.

Yours isn't necessarily stupid. The cab just looks bare. You have a stepside with lots of lines and character. And then you have the front fender with lines and character along with the front grille and such. But the cab is just a blank slate with one single line towards the bottom. It's a big empty glob of space with nothing. The molding broke it up with a different color and a couple more lines. Now that its gone the cab is just blaaaaaaaaaa. There's nothing going on. If it was a fleet side it would carry the same body lines and cleanliness you were going for and look very very sharp.

Tyler/T-Unit

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haha, Paul. Lol.

:D sorry, bad joke I guess. I didn't mean for everyone to start bashing on you.

Check Kyles thread, he put gmt900 badges on his that he plasti-dipped black. I think that would look good on yours to.