Project Ted, a 1993 RCSB 496 Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
More progress! Turd frame is outside and ready for sandblasting once weather gets nicer. Ted's front end is nearly off, box is loose, cab just needs unbolting. Can't get it off that rotted frame fast enough! Also fabbed a very temporary solid rear axle from a 91 Buick Century to the rear. Also testing out new tires with the help of a professional polisher.
You must be registered for see images attach

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Got the front frame off tonight with a little help from the wife! The previous owner for some reason had decided to cover up frame issues with caulk, as you can see in the picture of where the left sway bar bracket is supposed to be. Figured I might as well do this to free up a little more space in the barn while I get the other frame ready to go. If this was the only bad spot i would have just replaced the front section in front of the control arms, but there were more surprises hidden in caulk under the driver's cab as well.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Finally put my center caps up against my new rims, I think they are going to look awesome! Rears are 15x10s, fronts are 15x8s. I do have to have someone repaint the pinstripe red to match the center caps, but I can't wait till I get them on! Obviously by my poor attempt to see what they look like with Paint, you can see why I will not be doing the pinstripe :buffer:

Last edited:

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Bed and rear frame is now cut off, other frame is on the trailer ready to get sandblasted!