PROJECT: BARN FIND

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

woody31

Banned
Reaction score
Hi, its been 2 weeks since i picked up my barn find,,thought id share some pictures,,if i can figure that out,,lol..\
it is a 1988 with 138000 miles,,runs great,,ride and drive is very good,,no squeeks,,rattles or vibrations,,runs down the freeway 75 no prob,,ice cold a/c..has lots of work done to it,,before i got it,,
the story goes,,this is a 1 owner truck(technically 2 )it belonged to my bosses grandpa..he bought it brand nes at the local chevy dealer,
it is ,,he called it,,,a light duty 3/4 ton?????????????? it has a 14 bolt rear end, but has 6 lugs,,11x3 brakes,,5.7 tbi with a 7oor4 trans,,has a brake controller,,tow package,,has new water pump,alternator,new a/c compressor..new drier,,changed to 134,,replaced tires with some better but used tires,,dropped tank replaced sending unit ,,flushed fuel system,,new filters,,ect,,gas guage stopped working tho,,probably a ground,,,anyways,,im very happy with this truck,,i sold my el camino,,to buy this,,,no regrets,,
best part is the price,,,paid 1000.00 cash,,,hows that for a deal????
You must be registered for see images attach

woody31

Banned
Reaction score
well i decided id go to the local pick and pull,,found a washer bottle with pump for 20 bux and a horn center for 8 bux,,saw hi way patrol,,he flashed on his light but didnt pull me over,,i have no inspection sticker yet cause prev owner installed a new windshield:banana-mario: so i get to my town of 576 and the local stops me,,show him my paper work, he tells me to get a sticker,,been spending lots of time cleaning and detailing it
what is going on with the door here???

woody31

Banned
Reaction score
bigger picture of door,,looks like pin is broken off??????????cant load pic,says too big??

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Its missing the door switch if thats what you're wondering about....

woody31

Banned
Reaction score
i am referring to the pin and roller assembly that holds the spring in for roller////////////

thanks for your replies??

u like??

Scrufdog

Pork chop sandwiches
Reaction score
3/4 tons came in light (standard) duty and heavy duty. Basically, HD's came with 8 lug 14 bolt rears and 1 ton suspension/brakes.

woody31

Banned
Reaction score
ok how hard to change it?? any cutting or welding involved?

i just went looked at pass side ,,doesnt look like fun for sure..?

Last edited: