procharger upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

low4x4

backyard mechanic
Reaction score
well after a alot of research i found a set of 60# ls3 shortys injectors with the right connector for around 400bucks..on there way...pics as soon as i finish the redo-ing the pantry for the wife...i am in the home stretch...as soon as i start working the truck pics will be flying.....

low4x4

backyard mechanic
Reaction score
well the pantry is done and the updated s/c is in .....this week-end i will take more pic and ry to get the injectors done...and post some pics....as far as building a 350 and putting a s/c on it...do as much as you can afford to make it dependable....it stinks when you have to build it twice....

SixSpeedSS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Reliability is more important than all out performance IMO.

For instance, my 454SS has run a best of 12.67 @ 109mph on drag radials. Consistently runs 13.0s on street tires (as you see it in the pic below), and has 398 whp/417 wtq. The motor was dynoed 11 years ago and made 505 peak crank hp/535 peak tq. The Accel DFI has never been properly tuned since installed. I regularly pound the snot out of it every time I drive it. It has done 2 Power Tours (2007 Long Hauler 2800 miles in 8 days). I have put 40k miles on this combo and aside from an oil consumption issue (truck has always used oil since new), I have had no issue. I have alot of $$ wrapped up in it, but it was money well spent vs. the many miles/years that I have driven it. It still puts a smile on my face every time I drive it.

I have to be careful of how I say this next part in case this somehow gets back to him - not trying to talk smack at all. I know of a local truck that has made almost 700whp (twin turbo'd LSx), yet has only run 12.1 in the quarter. I don't believe it has made it thru an entire summer on the same motor. If he ever gets it dialed in he'll probably go 10s with it, maybe faster. Problem is he hasn't yet. He also runs a T56 six speed and has fought the same clutch issues I have (for the most part). In a roll race he would obliterate my truck. No comparison on the street. Thing is I drive my truck alot and have very little issues with it. I have had clutch issues over the years, but really only when trying to launch at the track, on drag radials. Never had a clutch failure on the street.

As I get older, I am more complacent with how my truck performs. I always wanted a fast truck, but I do remember my original intent was to go 12.50's. Never made it there, but understand that I could if I really had to. It's probably a tune and a bottle away from 11s. Maybe someday, but it is tough to argue with how reliable it is.

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
well after a alot of research i found a set of 60# ls3 shortys injectors with the right connector for around 400bucks..on there way...pics as soon as i finish the redo-ing the pantry for the wife...i am in the home stretch...as soon as i start working the truck pics will be flying.....

I don't mean to be a dick, but you got ripped off. LS3 injectors can be had for stupid cheap. $200 tops.

94shortbed

Reaction score
Ok well I got the motor back and I'm ready to start reassembly. I bought a low end cam and new lifters. So everything is now literally new.

low4x4

backyard mechanic
Reaction score
the ls3 injectors, that i found ,at that price were the standard hieght ones, not the 1.5 inch ones

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
the ls3 injectors, that i found ,at that price were the standard hieght ones, not the 1.5 inch ones

LS3 injectors only come in one height. Same height as LS7 (exact same part number) and LS9 for that matter. If they are a different height, then they are not LS3 injectors, and we are talking about 2 completely different things (which would make sense).

Tempted

Banned
Reaction score
LS1s are available in shorty I think as well as LS6.