Powe Seat Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4ofakind

Reaction score
I have a 95 Extended Cab. It came with power, non-heated driver's split bench. I swapped it for a pair of power, heated buckets out of a 98 or 99 (cant remember which yr) suburban.

The wire harness plugged right in for the driver's side. The passenger's side - not so much. :hmm: The original PS wiring harness only has 2 wires; orange and black. The bucket seat harness has 2 orange, 1 black, 1 yellow, and 1 brown.

I live in vegas so I did not care about the heater. I just wanted the move to work so i spliced the orange wires together and the black wires together; leaving the yellow and brown unconnected. Well the seat still does not move. Any ideas what I did wrong or need to do further?

Thanks

Mal

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
The black wire is your ground. The others are the power wires for the various motors in the seats. Back/forth, up/down. Ground the black one, then touch a powered wire to the others one at a time, then test the seat functions through the switch. This will identify what each wire does. More than likely, you can get away with connecting all the wires, other than the black one, to one power source. You can run one wire from all of them over to the power for the driver's seat, or do what I did, & use an un-used output from the power distribution block of the stereo.

4ofakind

Reaction score
did you ever get this figured out?
Yeah I figured it out; but when I did not get any help earlier, I stopped looking in this post.

Anyway, my connection to the orange wires on the seat was loose or bad. So once I redid it it works perfectly.

Mal

qukon 95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i just got a power seat 4 the pass brwn wire is for the seat heater, yellow goes too the seat belt latch at the floor,thicker orange is for the power seat and the smaller orange lubar pump.

oops old thread

4ofakind

Reaction score
Old maybe, but still good to know what each wire is for exactly. Thanks for the info.

Mal

qukon 95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i switch my clicking driver seat to a 99 power seat but i had to take the cd changer out wouldn't fit under 99 seat tracks.