Post your other projects

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cmull

Reaction score
my almost all original 1978 K10 Silverado longbed! stock 350 with TH350, only 78xxx miles! Has cruise control, a/c, power windows, pretty much every option but power locks. the only non original things are the radio, speakers, antenna, drivers door, springs, and typical parts that go bad like alternator. the truck had sat in a farmers driveway for years before i got my hands on it.
when i got it..
You must be registered for see images attach

and now, yes that is a trophy from a car show!

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Took bit to get these pix up. Couldn't find the phone-computer cable!

Trunk pic. Yea, I had to fab this from some old pix of an original.

H/L. No, that's not dirt in the corners. Just crappy 3G Iphone with no flash.

Better interior pic.

This car is just beautiful! 40yr. old paint job! Too bad that the owner was customer from hell! Constantly hangin' over my shoulder, or just getting in the way! Everytime I moved he was right there! Grrr! Bunch of stupid 'Q's. Not only that, but he didn't understand that I'm just one guy in a small shop. With bookings from others that came way before him! These guys, I tell ya! A lack of planning on their part, does NOT constitute an emergency on my part! Now, I've got 2 other customers pissed off 'cause I missed the deadlines that I had promised to have their stuff ready by! (end of rant!)

Couple of pix of how the roof works.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Me too! Ford nailed it right the first time around on the '57's. Nice clean simple design. The '58 & '59's are nowhere near as nice. Dual headlights, ugly tail lights & overdone side chrome on the later models.
The retractable mechanism is all electronic. No hydraulics. A series of overlapping solenoids that operate the gear drives. As one reaches the end of it's travel, it triggers the next operation via the solenoids. An adjustment nightmare to get to work properly. But when they do work right, they're poetry in motion!
Newer cars such as the Lexus & Mercedes convertible sports cars have their roof mechanics based on this same design.
The original designer got a new convertible from Ford every 2 years, up until he passed away a few years ago!
This the seventh one I've done.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Me too! Ford nailed it right the first time around on the '57's. Nice clean simple design. The '58 & '59's are nowhere near as nice. Dual headlights, ugly tail lights & overdone side chrome on the later models.
The retractable mechanism is all electronic. No hydraulics. A series of overlapping solenoids that operate the gear drives. As one reaches the end of it's travel, it triggers the next operation via the solenoids. An adjustment nightmare to get to work properly. But when they do work right, they're poetry in motion!
Newer cars such as the Lexus & Mercedes convertible sports cars have their roof mechanics based on this same design.
The original designer got a new convertible from Ford every 2 years, up until he passed away a few years ago!
This the seventh one I've done.

Not quite sure I understand why he got a license plate that says "BOOB" though. Maybe that should have been you first warning sign about the type of customer he was going to be!

:rofl:

I'm also a big fan of the bullet bird convertibles. Ultra cool. Especially the roadster with tri-power. Mine is just a lowly 390 4bbl "formal roof"....although, I have been toying with a full tube chassis and a roadster conversion for it. The unibody is a severe basket case (rust to the point where it's not much more than a parts car) and there's no real collectibility to it. Doesn't even have AC.....

Last edited:

hipasschev94

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
heres what ive got going, i have my 93 silverado i just picked up, thats getting a whole new drive train and a sas, then i have my beater cavalier i just finished some personalizing on, if anything im switching it from the 99 front end to a 05, then i have a 79 camaro that im going to restore when i take my college classes for metal fab and body work :) bunch of other stuff on the side like i have a 78 k10 cheyenne with the restoraration almost complete and me and my dad are fixing up a fiberglass lund american boat

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
The beginning of another interior project. This one will take a while.
Once I get the H/L installed, gotta back off of it for a while so that the guys can install the dash. The front door windlace has to go in before the dash, & the H/L has to be in before the front & rear glass.
This was a project of the owner's father-in-law that passed before he got to complete the car. Problem with inheriting a project such as this, is finding all the various stored parts. There's a lot missing. So many, in fact, that Gary (the owner) bought the '56 Merc I have, in order to get all the interior pieces that can't be found.
This works out better for me, as I can remove the parts from the donor myself. If I can take it apart, now I'll know how they go together, instead of guessing & wasting time trying to figure out a jigsaw puzzle with no pix nor instructions!

H/L sound deadener installed.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
New top. 75% finished. Still have to install the window rubber & the front trim.
'62 Impala. Bagged 409/4spd. full load. One family owned from day 1.