Post your lifted 2wd's!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dcp1992

Instagram - @dcp1992
Reaction score
New to the forum and new owner of a 98 2500 2wd 8 lug. I would like to lift it but everything I find is for 1500 or 6 lug. Can someone help me out?

Even though I answered you on Instagram this might be useful for anyone else looking.

As of right now just go to eBay and search 291918856622. That's the listing number. The user is spindle-source.

Dyelon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just got through reading/ viewing most of the pages on this thread. Here I thought I wanted to lower my truck, but these pics are way more sexy to me especially since I have an extended cab. Thanks to the OP and whenever I get my truck done, I will post pics. Im thinking for wheels, tires, 4" RC lift, and front end rebuild I am looking at least $3000.

Question is how is ride ability being lifted compared to being lowered? If you have not had a lowered 400 then how does ride ability being lifted compare to stock? I am willing to sacrifice a little comfort for the look, but I don't want a concussion going over every pothole either especially since "ole blue" is my DD. TIA.

cjman250

Last Of A Dying Breed
Reaction score
Just got through reading/ viewing most of the pages on this thread. Here I thought I wanted to lower my truck, but these pics are way more sexy to me especially since I have an extended cab. Thanks to the OP and whenever I get my truck done, I will post pics. Im thinking for wheels, tires, 4" RC lift, and front end rebuild I am looking at least $3000.

Question is how is ride ability being lifted compared to being lowered? If you have not had a lowered 400 then how does ride ability being lifted compare to stock? I am willing to sacrifice a little comfort for the look, but I don't want a concussion going over every pothole either especially since "ole blue" is my DD. TIA.
rides similar to stock, i dont like the stiffness of rough country shocks but it rides fine

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I've heard the rough country shocks ride like ass. The only other shocks I've had on this truck were the blown originals.

baker114

Reaction score
Mine is lowered 2-4, cant wait to lift it! No way can lifted ride any worse than lowered with low profile tires. Not to mention the geometry/angle of the rear shocks when lowered renders them just about useless. I couldnt keep shocks under mine. Just cheap o "toxic shocks" but they shouldnt literally break and fall off the truck.

baker114

Reaction score
Im lightyears away from even buying rims and tires, but in NE Ohio, it seems like the trick thing to do with any lift is a ridic high offset rim, big diameter, to get a "skated" look. I think i like a beadlock or fake beadlock look, big offset. Has this ship sailed? Or hasnt caught on?

baker114

Reaction score
I guess those examples do have a mild beadlock style lip. Im liking these black rims.
You must be registered for see images attach