Post your lifted 2wd's!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
The spindle will push your front wheels out an inch or so but the you have to worry about clearing the spindle

dcp1992

Instagram - @dcp1992
Reaction score
Here's a picture from washing mine this week.
You must be registered for see images attach

I also did a walkaround video a couple weeks ago, if anyone is interested about pretty much everything I've done to the truck.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Dyelon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I got a good chunk of change coming from the income taxes. I'm thinking of the RC 4" lift kit with 305/70 bfg MTs, on either 15 or 16x10s. My question is do I go for the 1"spacers for rear or something smaller? The goal is to have a good even equal stance front and rear TIA

HAMSTR323

Reaction score
My first post.. my little pos that I just bought.. 2 inch spindle lift and I'm buying a rc 2inch lift (blocks/springs) I just got the wheels and tires 265/70/17

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
My first post.. my little pos that I just bought.. 2 inch spindle lift and I'm buying a rc 2inch lift (blocks/springs) I just got the wheels and tires 265/70/17

:welcome: I've never heard of a 2" spindle lift? Is that what you were told?

dcp1992

Instagram - @dcp1992
Reaction score

Welcome, also never heard of a 2" spindle. 4" minimum for a spindle for our trucks. You can have a 1"-3" spacer/coil spring though.

Update on mine. Not long after my last post in this thread I had more problem with the frame... after it was all said and done all four of the upper control arm mounts cracked/ripped on the frame. So I ended up spending the money (that I didn't want to spend since saving up for SAS) on new lower control arms and a set of 1" Daystar spacers to replace the steel 2" spacers I had (that I think I was getting almost 3" from, which was bad and one reason the mounts were cracking). Also welded the other three mounts.

So roughly 5" total lift now, down from roughly 6".
4" RC spindles and 1" spacer.

It rides so much better with the 1" Daystar spacers than any of the 2" spacers that I have had in the past. Still fits my 285's, just minor rubbing on the running boards. It is lower but I don't mind, don't have Cali lean anymore either which I'm glad to get rid of. I recommend to anyone that wasn't spacer to get the Daystar ones the first time and not waste money on the cheaper ones and end up having problems.

Don't have many pictures of after the 1" spacer install but here's one with a trailer (Picking up a trail Jeep) and the bumper I built for Senior Project. You can tell if you look at some old pictures that it's quite a bit lower, which like I said. I don't mind.

And yes, the bumper is quite big. I'll be addressing that later on by bringing the wings in closer to the body and wrapping it around the side of the truck.

And here is is with a load on it. The 3500 leaf spring ******* pack I build in the rear is doing it's job of keeping the truck level when towing. It didn't drop much at all with the Jeep on it. Weighs about 3200 lbs plus trailer weight. (not a light trailer by any means.)

SquidBilly

Reaction score
Another first post here too. Hey all.

Been lurking for awhile and between a dead transmission and this thread I've decided to do the 4" lift on my '96 that I've kept stock for the 14 years I've had it. So i'm going all out...

Long story short, my biggest concern at the moment is wheel spacing.

I'd like to run a 15" diameter Cragar Nomad or D window. And I like the look of a 32x10.5-11.5 tire. But i'm not exactly sure what backspace and wheel width to go for. I definitely want them to stick out an inch or so from the fender. But not too much, then there is the whole 1" kick out in the front from the spindle and rear spacer deal. So I don't want to go too extreme to start and then have them too far out after the lift.

Here's a photo of the inspiration, maybe a member here? But I found this photo from an image search.

It looks as if they're maybe 8" wide wheels and the rear definitely sits flush, and the front is kicked out the way the spindle would make it be. So possibly an 8" wide wheel with a 4" backspace? The front wheel is exactly how much i'd like to stick out after lift and then space the rear to match. I'd like to mimic this look as much as possible. Any help appreciated.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Another first post here too. Hey all.

Been lurking for awhile and between a dead transmission and this thread I've decided to do the 4" lift on my '96 that I've kept stock for the 14 years I've had it. So i'm going all out...

Long story short, my biggest concern at the moment is wheel spacing.

I'd like to run a 15" diameter Cragar Nomad or D window. And I like the look of a 32x10.5-11.5 tire. But i'm not exactly sure what backspace and wheel width to go for. I definitely want them to stick out an inch or so from the fender. But not too much, then there is the whole 1" kick out in the front from the spindle and rear spacer deal. So I don't want to go too extreme to start and then have them too far out after the lift.

Here's a photo of the inspiration, maybe a member here? But I found this photo from an image search.

It looks as if they're maybe 8" wide wheels and the rear definitely sits flush, and the front is kicked out the way the spindle would make it be. So possibly an 8" wide wheel with a 4" backspace? The front wheel is exactly how much i'd like to stick out after lift and then space the rear to match. I'd like to mimic this look as much as possible. Any help appreciated.
on my truck I ran 15x8 -19mm offset 3 3/4" bs with 32x11.5 tires. I ran a 2" spacer in the rear. Itlooked decent.

SquidBilly

Reaction score
on my truck I ran 15x8 -19mm offset 3 3/4" bs with 32x11.5 tires. I ran a 2" spacer in the rear. Itlooked decent.

Thanks for the great info. Cragar makes the Nomad in that exact spec.

What brand of rear spacer did you use?

Wheel spacers.com says a 2" spacer adds 4" of overall width. Which seems like alot to me, but I guess that's necessary seeing as the front will gain width with the spindles.

Last edited: