Possible Clue....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
As to why my passenger side parking light will not blink when I hit the turn signal. Notice how the inner bulb is bright as hell...It must be getting too much power or something. Wanted to present this and see if it sparks any ideas. My driver's side inner parking light blinks, but not the passenger side. Got out to move the car and noticed how much brighter it is than the other 3.
You must be registered for see images attach

Also on a side note the crazy lean is just my driveway, and I kind of want to put the valence back on. Anyway, if you have any ideas let me know trying to fix this asap it can be dangerous.

Last edited:

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
First, put valence on. Then change the bulbs out, they cost like 5 bux and it could fix it. I had a problem with my blinkers in my 98 once and could never figure it out until I changed bulbs and it fixed itself.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well that's the thing. I had silverstars in it. Did the same thing then I had these old orange bulbs laying around so I put these in and the passenger side wouldn't blink then either, so I dunno I guess new bulbs couldn't hurt but I just figured since it's done the same thing with 2 sets of bulbs silverstar blue ones and these old orange that a brand new set of bulbs couldn't hurt but maybe the extra filament for the blinker is just so happens to be burnt out on both bulbs :shrug: I dunno I don't see what else could be going on???

TruckinAin4Sissies

L.E.D. Whisperer
Reaction score
badazzbulldog's on the right track I think.
Pull the bulb out and check out the contact points inside the socket. Mine had bulb grease in there that had caked onto the metal contacts, a quick scrapping with my trusty pocket knife fixed it.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh really because I know for a fact the old ones got bulb grease all in the sockets...So the bulb grease covering a metal contact in could cause it to be brighter like that? I'll try and clean them off and make sure...

TruckinAin4Sissies

L.E.D. Whisperer
Reaction score
Oh really because I know for a fact the old ones got bulb grease all in the sockets...So the bulb grease covering a metal contact in could cause it to be brighter like that? I'll try and clean them off and make sure...

Bulb grease is good. (Just wanted to make that clear) However, if it's UBER thick & caked on there scrape it off.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
When I hit my blinkers, both fronts blink at the same time. When I was changing out bulbs, also had silver stars, I notice massive amount of grease. Maybe I will check this out also.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Side marker bulbs? You mean the little 194's in the corners? If so those haven't worked in a decade but last week I put brand new ones in the bottom corner lenses.

JJ jdyates was saying that both front parking lights are supposed to blink...Can anyone confirm that with certainty both front parking lights are supposed to blink and not just the inners?