Polished Wheel Owners Get In Here Please!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

glfirefighter144

Whoa Black Betty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i have the mothers powerball as well, love it on the polished aluminum wheels for the dually, also not bad for the 454SS wheels on the 98

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
Save the trouble and get aluminum wheels. I've seen bad things happen to chrome ones.

Sent from my Vortec Powered iPhone using Tapatalk

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Save the trouble and get aluminum wheels. I've seen bad things happen to chrome ones.

Sent from my Vortec Powered iPhone using Tapatalk

Chrome is much, much easier to maintain though. Keep a coat of wax on them an they won't rust. Polished aluminum wheels are high maintenance IMO. They just don't look as bad when not properly cared for as chrome does.

I'd get chrome if I had the option....

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
I'd always get aluminum. I have no problem at all keeping mine up. I polish them when I rotate tires, and it's real easy with a Powerball and some good polish.

dagen_1

OBS 4 Me
Reaction score
polished aluminum holds up good if ya keep the brake dust off.. i normally run dust shields behind my wheels (flat black so they're not noticeable)

EDIT:

my tips for cleaning/polishing: claybar after washing, and use white diamond or mothers to polish.

Last edited: