Polished Wheel Owners Get In Here Please!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
So I'm looking at a set of American Racing Baja Wheels. They say they come in chrome here but I can't find them anywhere else online to order them. So my question is if I get polished wheels, exactly how much maintenance do they require? The only difference between Chrome and polished is that polished doesn't have the clear coat? Right? Can I just clear the wheels t make them chrome? :help: Thanks for the help guys!

98chevyz71

RESIDENT CHOP GUY
Reaction score
not much if u don't have road sault just get mothers wheel cleaner and your good I know my dad has 22's

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
mothers wheel cleaner.... ok, how often would I need to clean them for them to look good?

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
ah, ok sounds good. I've got some time before I will need new tires (i'll get the wheels witht he tires) so I'll be looking out for the chrome ones

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
so let's say I get them a little muddy... just wash them off at a car wash right after?

ShadowRejects

I drank the Kingpin koolaid
Reaction score
so let's say I get them a little muddy... just wash them off at a car wash right after?

I mean mud washes off easily. unless it's clay. only thing you should worry about is brake dust selttling on there. thats a pain in the butt to get off back to the original shine. but thats a sign that you need new brakes. so take that sign to your advantage :cheers: but just power wash em every now and then.

but dont get me wrong, you can let them get dirty as hell, and get em' back to original shine, but its a painful task, its easier to wash them every now and then versus worrrying about it once a year. ya dig?