Polished, or black?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Portedfrankenstien

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Which way do you guys think my wheels look the best?
Solid black
You must be registered for see images attach

Skinny polished lip

Fat polished lip

Or fully polished

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Personally, Because you have chrome bumpers, the fully polished looks the best to me. Second best would be the wide lip like what's in your signature.

Portedfrankenstien

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Personally, Because you have chrome bumpers, the fully polished looks the best to me. Second best would be the wide lip like what's in your signature.
I agree. But this summer I'm going to bed line the bumpers, and rockers, to get rid of the pewter color. I know that's a bit overdone, but the truck got repainted before I owned it, so when I debadged it, you can see all of the lines from the trim. Plus, I do use the truck off-road, and try to keep up with my brother and his friends in their jeeps, so I want the rockers protected. Previous owner also ran into something with the front bumper, and pushed it back a little, breaking the grille filler piece. So I guess in a way, I want to go with a bit of the "rugged" look.

white97

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I like the polished look a lot but if you want the rugged look I would go with the skinny polished lip so they still look nice but there a lot more subtle.

my name is alex

suckin' gas
Reaction score
Not a fan of polished lips. I think the black will look good with the bedlined bumpers and rockers (I'd like to go this route). There's been a older 4runner around town lately with black wheels and rockers, and I think it looks pretty badass.

I'm sure fully polished will look good too. It really depends on what you're looking for - rugged/black vs polished/clean

Daly

The great white Canadian
Reaction score
Personally on the style of rim, I think the polished looks best…

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
I agree. But this summer I'm going to bed line the bumpers, and rockers, to get rid of the pewter color. I know that's a bit overdone, but the truck got repainted before I owned it, so when I debadged it, you can see all of the lines from the trim. Plus, I do use the truck off-road, and try to keep up with my brother and his friends in their jeeps, so I want the rockers protected. Previous owner also ran into something with the front bumper, and pushed it back a little, breaking the grille filler piece. So I guess in a way, I want to go with a bit of the "rugged" look.

Ok, In that case, Then all black would be better.

Portedfrankenstien

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm still undecided. I guess I'll just use plasti dip again, so that I can still have the option of going polished in the future if I change my mind.

1500z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Polished for now, then the polished lip when you apply the bed liner.