Police Cluster Issues...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Just purchased a police cluster, seller noted that the speedo may not work properly in a 95-97, and I'm going to attempt to put it in a 95. could use any advice/experience/help that the GMT400 community can offer.

Dr.Zoom

Hi Tech Redneck
Reaction score
There's a thread about adding a resistor or diode or something to the 130 speedometer so they work right. I've seen it come up in my recent posts.

I wonder if that's what the seller is talking about.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Sorry to hijack your thread OP, but would a 99-00 Cadillac Escalade 120 mph gauge cluster work in a 95-98 Chevy Silverado? Might have to do the same thing as the 130 mph cluster?

98chevy2500SS

Reaction score
Escalade cluster is plug and play. No modification required.
Cool. The junk yard has one Cadillac Escalade in my area, wonder how much they would want for that... Probably $200-$300. :(

98chevy2500SS

Reaction score
Doubt it, they usually come cheap unless someone told them about the swap and they know its value.
Oh wow, I guess I've just been looking on Ebay for my price range, that's great if they are cheap, but I am spending way too much money, I need to hold off and save a bit before I go ahead and buy a new cluster. :)

Man, if any of my local yards wanted more than $50 for a cluster i'd tell them to go f*ck themselves! :D
LOL! Yeah, that's probably what I would pay for, but that still is a little much, plus it is used, not super cleaned and it is a 50/50 shot whether it will work or not. That's probably why Ebay gets so much for their stuff --> they make it look brand spanking new! :D