Plasti-Dipped Rockers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well they sell it in a spray (preferred) and then a can that you literally DIP things into although I'm sure you could use a brush too...Anyway I used the spray. It's amazing it goes on just like spray paint but a little different. You want to make the first coat real thick and wet, and it won't run or anything near as easy as normal paint. It dries pretty quick although it says 30 mins between coats and 4 hours before complete cure. The thicker you lay it on, the more uniform it will be when it comes off. The closer you spray, the smoother. The further back, the more textured. Also gotta be sure to pull your tape lines before it fully dries or....yeah you know. Or you'll have to take a razor blade to it. You thinking about trying some out?

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
I might try it out on my rockers. The two tone black and white look might look good. Is this stuff expensive?

I wonder if the white is actually, white.

Last edited:

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well they sell it in a spray (preferred) and then a can that you literally DIP things into although I'm sure you could use a brush too...Anyway I used the spray. It's amazing it goes on just like spray paint but a little different. You want to make the first coat real thick and wet, and it won't run or anything near as easy as normal paint. It dries pretty quick although it says 30 mins between coats and 4 hours before complete cure. The thicker you lay it on, the more uniform it will be when it comes off. The closer you spray, the smoother. The further back, the more textured. Also gotta be sure to pull your tape lines before it fully dries or....yeah you know. Or you'll have to take a razor blade to it. You thinking about trying some out?
Yeah maybe on some frames, and underneath like the underside of a bed or something, it seem's like it could be really usefull stuff!

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sure is. The possibilities are endless and no it's not expensive. I've seen anywhere from $5-7 a can depending where ya iz!

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
I might have to do some experimenting. Only thing is that I'm unsure if I want to remove the molding. Not to hijack the thread, but anyone have any opinions on if you think I should remove the moldings?

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
You tell me. Here's some quick photoshopped pics. Sorry, they aren't the greatest, your file size wasn't as big as I like. If you want to keep them, save them, I'll probably take them off my photobucket after a while.

You must be registered for see images attach

And here's one without the Z71 sticker. I know you said you like it, but just in case, this gives you an idea of what it would be like without.

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
Wow, that sure is different. lol. The Z71 sticker really breaks up all the white. Not too bad, but IDK.

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
just take off the flares and steps and see if you like it

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeap honestly on his I think the Z looks good. I actually think the GM400 Z71 stickers are the best ones they ever put out. They have one newer one that looks good but mainly these old style are the ****. For my new look though, I don't need them :D