Plasti-Dipped Rockers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Guys, I am slowly but surely becoming a huge plasti dic fan. This stuff is just amazing. I found a huge thread on it over on GMFS done by steve and there is TONS of great info about this stuff and everyones putting it on their brand new and old trucks over there, I love it. Here's the link for anyone who is curious to do this soon! It's blowing up but don't be surprised if this **** is hard to find on the shelves at the local hardware stores! They must be making a killing!!

Here's a great thread about plasti dip
http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?t=231901&page=20

I'm not one to point out typos or grammatical errors, but you might want to fix that. :anitoof: When you do, I'll edit this out, and it'll be like it never happened. :secret:

It's incredible stuff, amazing what scientists can come up with these days. I'm thinking I might try to spray down my wheels pretty soon, since the clear coat on them looks like absolute crap, and I have a teal/black theme going. Throw in some daytime and close up pics when you get the chance, also some close-ups of where it stops, and paint begins. I'm interested to see how crisp of a line you can get with this stuff when taping. Glad you're liking the stuff man. The fact that it comes off easy with no damage makes it a lot more worry-free when experimenting, so you can have more fun with it, and if you don't like it, it's gone.

Plasti dip flames on the front? :deal: :lol:

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'll go get you some close ups now :D My rocker line is pretty good but a little frayed in areas...nothing major! I accidently got some overspray on my real paint up top..No biggie rubbed it right off in 2 seconds! If that had been real paint I'da had a big problem! BRB with close ups.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah the reason this stuff amazes me is what tiny little effort it takes. Literally just make sure the wheels don't have dirt on them, and boom. 1 can did all 4 wheels. 1 can per side on the rockers too.

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
What amazes me about them is that, and that you can just peel it off when you want the other look back. Your wheels really turned out nicely. I might have to find something to try this on.

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
I'm slowly but surely getting hooked..

If I remember right, you have rust on your rockers? You could coat your bumpers and lower rocker portion and have a two tone red/black truck. It would be pretty sick. Especially if you got some black fender flares to go with. :drool:

I'm thinking I might try this on some interior pieces as well.

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
If I remember right, you have rust on your rockers? You could coat your bumpers and lower rocker portion and have a two tone red/black truck. It would be pretty sick. Especially if you got some black fender flares to go with. :drool:

I'm thinking I might try this on some interior pieces as well.

No rust on the rockers, just paint peeling, the rust is on the cab corners and bottom of doors.

Can I plasti-dip right over rust? I wouldnt think so.

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
No rust on the rockers, just paint peeling, the rust is on the cab corners and bottom of doors.

Can I plasti-dip right over rust? I wouldnt think so.

You would want to prep it first to get rid of the rust, I'm just saying it would be easier to get it prepped for plasti-dip than it would be if you were to repaint it red. Aren't the cab corners part of your rocker panels? I thought they were. :think: