*PLANNING* Iowa Summer 2013 GTG.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Getting the ball rolling on this. I've got a few things set up, but I want most of you to help with suggestions and what not. So I've got a few questions, and you can shout out any other ideas you've got.

I would do this in our group, but since the layout sucks, you have to highlight to see posts, this will be much easier on the eyes. :Pshyco:

First of all, LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION. Let me say that again, LOCATION. What idea's do you guys have for a location? Maybe it could be somewhere that has another big event going on at the same time? It doesn't have to be though. It would also be nice to do it in a place that has somewhat of a good automotive following.

What all would you like to see happen at the event? A group lunch followed by Meet and Great with all of the trucks? Then maybe some kind of a group cruise? I'm open to all suggestions. If you've got an idea say it!

And then there's a date. That may be something we need to look at closer as it gets to that time to try and see when the most members can make it. Or it can coincide with another bigger event going on as I talked about earlier.

Like I said, we're just in the planning stages. I would like to get this planned relatively early in case changes arise and what not. So, if you've got ideas and other comments, just shout it out! No need to raise your hands around here. :patriot:

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Thank you all. Avatar is of Lzzy Hale. Look her up if you don't know who she is.

But as of now, please keep all posts in this topic to actual discussion about the Iowa GTG. I just don't want to clutter this thread up with a lot of chat.

JAW's

B/W Country & Amer. R&R
Reaction score
Spencer hosts the clay county fair and has all kinds of concerts and a car show. May be a good one to coincide with. The fair is usually sept 7 through the 15. Car show is usually the saturday

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
The only thing about fairs is they tend to be later in the year. When is the Iowa Good Guy's show this year?

Edit: Fairs are still a possibility though. I'm not throwing it out, I'm just saying lets look at all of our options. Keep the suggestions coming.

hawkeyez71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I talked to the other two guys here in town and were planning on going! As for a date im not real sure when any of the other shows are.

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
didn't even know this thread was here, haha-

what's it worth to people for the drive? there are alot of members within an hours drive from me in any direction (clarion, iowa falls, waterloo, waverly, myself) and then the group from Oskaloosa. If how far we have to drive is a big deal, it should probably be some sort of a compromising event.

Really, I think it would almost be best just to go out for a meet and greet, have lunch and go for a cruise, but that's me.