New member from Iowa

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ebodell67

Reaction score
Hello All,
Got directed over here from the gmsquarebody forum. Long time owner of a 1993 K3500 and I just picked up a 1997 K3500 on an auction to replace the 1973 K20 that my stepson totaled early in the spring.
The '93 was bought by my Dad brand new off the lot in Moscow, ID. He sold it to me in '07 when he bought a new Dmax so the truck is a family owned since new. My kids will get it when I am done with her.
Last week I won a 1997 K3500 on a Big Iron auction. I only paid $1300 for it and my Son and I loaded up some tools and fluids and drove 3 hrs to go pick it up. Probably a poor decision but I like to think of it as a life lesson for my son in what not to do. Well, we drove it home at 70mph and all I did was jump it to get it running and added about a quart of coolant to it. No issues on the way home aside from both taillights falling out. I will start a thread on the cleanup of this one in the appropriate section.
I have owned a total of 4 GMT400 trucks now and overall have had very good luck with them.
You must be registered for see images attach

The '93. 454, 4L80-E, mostly stock aside from the rims and grill (original chrome delaminated years ago). Never seen a Midwest winter and stored inside since new.

The "new" '97. 350, 4L80-E, 150K miles. Bone stock, 5 minutes after we got it home.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Welcome! Nice 3500's! Not many standard cab 3500's out there and you have 2 of them.

kolgeirr

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Nice trucks. Lol @ the taillights falling out. It's always something with these rigs and it's rare what you expect. Better the tails than what I went through: power steering pump lost most of it's pressure on the way home with the Tahoe, got to manhandle the steering wheel for 400 miles.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome. I’ve got your ‘97s older sister truck! Though it is a 3/4 ton. About the same mileage, too. ‘94 with 350/4L80e, 4.10 gears.

I currently own 3 in various build stages.