PhotoShop NEEDED!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Canada RCSB Mike

OBS is what I like!!
Reaction score
2 Wheels POLISHED!!!!

MAN, this is alot of work!!!

well worth it

Before
You must be registered for see images attach

After

side by side

Let me know what yas think!!!1

sorry for the ****** phone pic.

Vigh_J

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey OP, what method did you use to take the existing clear coat off? I have a spare set of these for winters but the original coat is coming off. Would be a great summer project for me :) Thanks

James

Canada RCSB Mike

OBS is what I like!!
Reaction score
Hey OP, what method did you use to take the existing clear coat off? I have a spare set of these for winters but the original coat is coming off. Would be a great summer project for me Thanks

Its a lot of work. But well worth it.
I tried many options at first that just lead to more and more work. I tried using wire wheels on a drill to remove clear coat. Way to much work and hurts the wheel at the smae time in turn causes a hell of alot of sanding.

I tried just sanding, and thats a no go. This clear coat is kicking my ass.

Many beers later...
I spoke to a guy at parts source about removing heavy clear coats (told him what I tried, he kind of laughed?!!!) and he went out back and brought me out this

This is some nasty ****!!! You need alot of safety gear cause it is VERY BAD for ya.
Its the strongest smelling stuff I`ve ever came across.

BUT DAMN, does it ever work well!!!!

You just paint it on with a natural brush, and you can watch the clear coat just peel right off. Then scrap off with a scraper. You can apply it again to eat the paint off. This takes a bit longer.
In the first step, you leave on fro almost 1/2 hour. 2nd step I left on for 45 mins. Its works damn well.

JUST MAKE SURE TO READ ALL WARNING LABELS!!!!!

And then you can happily sand areas needed and polish them up.

I started with 400 grit to remove scrapes and blemishs.

Moved on too 800, 1000, 1500 grit. I stopped there cause i wanted to polish them and see what they looked like.I used mothers mag and aluminum polish.

I think they turned out excellent.