Patching An Exhaust Leak????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
Do any of you guys have any secrets or know of something that actually patches exhaust leaks. I have a few and my welder can't get to them because they are too close to the heat shield and it doesn't fit. I have tried the AutoZone wraps and haven't had any luck at all. Anything helps they are just starting to bug me. Thanks! :shocked:

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
Take it to an exhaust shop, homie. The shop that redid my whole exhaust left a bunch of leaks so took it back like, months later and the welded them up free of charge. Mine were in the same spot, by the heat shield.

454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
summit and such has clamps that are a couple inches wide that go over the pipe like a clam shell them you tighten them down, cant remember what they are called. I need to do mine also.

slippy3002

Master Machinist
Reaction score
Exhaust shop...or if you want to be uber cheap use jb weld

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
We did it ourselves and all the exhaust shops won't just patch the leak they all want to redo my whole setup and the cheapest any of them will do it for is $300. I am not paying that much when it is two little leaks! Will the JB Weld work? How much are those clamps?

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
Either buy a stainless band clamp in the appropriate size, weld in a patch, replace the piece of tubing... any number of ways to skin that cat.

band clamp is about 8 bucks from summit

Last edited:

slippy3002

Master Machinist
Reaction score
ive used jb weld before just let it harden before running the truck.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
Alright cool. I will try the JB Weld and see what happens! If it doesn't work I will have to re run it I guess

karl02

Reaction score
I heard from my friend that furnace cement can fix exhaust leak, though I haven't tried it yet.