Paperweight Rebuild REV03

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bggrnchvy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kind of fell off the map here. Just stopped thinking so much about the truck or documenting it after Moab, Pismo and the holidays.

To current:

You must be registered for see images attach

I built a reservoir mount.

Retubed the intermediate shaft.

Managed to fumble through and tack tack tack an exhaust system together that ended up sounding like butt. I just (as in last night) welded in a Flowmaster 10 to use as a resonator to get rid of the thumping noise at part throttle.

Drilled and chamfered a bleed hole in that 235 pump to get rid of the excessive pressure in the front bearing cavity that was blowing out seals. Too bad the main fitting never stopped leaking. I ended up buying a PSC 235 pump as I got cost and was beyond done screwing with it.

Shortened the front driveshaft.

Borrowed a truck and trailer and drove south 4 hours to pick up my new to me Tree CNC mill and ATW conehead lathe with an electric motor and 3spd car tranny conversion. Just have to build the shop to put them in now...

Other than that she went to Moab in early October. Ran great but for the coolant burp I had to do. I haven't got the new cluster wired 100% yet so I was using my droid phone and the Torque app to monitor coolant temp.

Broke a rear center pin.

Also bent the rear driveshaft which then, as a result of me trying to fix it, broke my Hi-Lift.

I proceeded to drag the truck down to Pismo for Turkey Day and beat it out there until an idler pulley died on me. So she now sits in the side yard needing a $12 part and another rear driveshaft. I replaced the one in it with all I could get a hold of, .083" wall, before Pismo. Not going to hit any rocks with that dinky guy.