Painting my w/t

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

homerun

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am getting ready to start prepping my truck for paint my truck is a daily driven w/t that when i purchased it was primmer ed black however my door jams are the original color white.My question is should I take the bed off to have it painted or paint it with the bed on it, between the cab and the bed is currently black primmer I am not expecting a show truck but I don't want it to look messy.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
I'd take the bed off. Its not very hard and the payoff vs. the work required is worth it IMO.

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
Are you painting the truck black? At any rate I would take the bed off.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
x3 pull it back a foot or 2 at least and spray around the are about a foot in so it can't been seen without really, REALLY looking closely.

If it aint going to be black, spray it all, realy quick anyways.

If you do base and clear, I'd base it all, really good around that foot section, meaning a foot in on both sides and down from the window area, then the rest not so great, just a quick coat to cover, and look the same color, same for clear, nice around that foot area and skimp on the rest, or just do it all right and never worry about it again.

homerun

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am going to paint it black but I do like the idea of sliding it back and spraying the cab

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
Ya, like Chris said; if you can pull the bed back enough and get a good coat of base on there, do that. It's not too difficult to take it all the way off though.