Opinions on Flowmaster Super 44's?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
They seem very cheap price-wise, are they worth it? I dont want anything SUPER loud, but i definitely want it louder than stock. Im on a budget :nono:

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I bought one new for my truck, and I used it for 30 minutes and took it off and sold it. I liked the desctiption how it say's it's deeper and still loud, but on my truck the 3in. SI, DO 2.5in. super 44 had no flowmaster sound, to me it sucked, so I went back to a regular 40 series, I do not like the deltaflow 40's either.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Meh @ flowmasters. I've heard great things about the Dynomax bullets though. I'm the guy running true duals with no mufflers. I like the crackling and it gets LOOUUUDDD if I floor it, but I rarely ever need to so most of the time it's a very very nice tone with a crackling at the peak of each shift. Alot of people hate this or call it redneck, but I know that even if I was born in NYC I would love it still.

Ultimately I've learned that the sound you want and the sound you get all depends on if you're running SI/DO or DI/DO or true duals. For 10 years I've had the SI 3"/DO 2.5"s with 1 cat no muffler and really a nice subtle constant deep roar without getting too loud and absolutely no crackling.

I don't see the point of mufflers really. They just muffle the sound I want for me...but the catalytic converters you gotta have. Just my .02!

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
Well guys i dont have duals, so i would need a SI/SO, i just want something that sounds cool. Buddy of mine at work has the Super 40's and you can hear the damn thing across the parking lot. But i dont know if hes got SO's or DO's.

If that made any sense. Im a newb.

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
magnaflow has a good sounding glass pack i installed one on my girls 99 silverado 4.8 sounds nice when ya get on it and has a decent tone when cruising it was 37 bucks for it