Opinions on a buying a new truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

glendayle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm also thinking you shouldn't go into debt for a want, save up cash and you can work a better deal, but i'm also inthe middle of financial peace and that has changed my thinking on alot of things. I know Dave would say no to the car loan.....

I actually listened to Dave on the radio last night for the 1st time in months. I never did the program, but a few years ago I started trying to get out of debt. As I started talking to a few of my friends they kept telling me that I said a lot of the same things as DR, but I didn't know who he was. I started listening and read one of his books. 4 years ago I was without work and had about 50-55k in debt. I got a job that I worked for 2 years. Got a promotion and was laid off within 3 months. Pretty devistated at the time, but somehow I got another job almost immediately with a handsome increase in income. I finished getting out of debt about 6 months ago. I was able to pay cash for my OBS that I just bought last month and still keep some cash on hand. Nothing too expensive at 6k but still cost a couple of pennies. I will NEVER borrow again(house an exception). The freedom from payments/debt is unbelievable. I could lose my job today and know that I can get by for months and months. I had forgotten how much I hated debt.

Anyway.....sorry to respond with a novel. X2 on "no loan is the only good loan" mentality.

ls6firebird

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i had an 03 and loved it. it was great for daily driving, and it pulled a lot more than i thought it would. i miss mine, diesels are overrated

RGV2DRHOE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anyway.....sorry to respond with a novel. X2 on "no loan is the only good loan" mentality.

I hear what your saying and I appreciate it. Like I said if I cant get what I want for the hoe and keep my payments under 250 I have no problems walking away from this. N ot to mention this will only help my credit a little more in a few years when its time to take out a mortgage for my first home. lol I must be growing up cause my last two truck purchases were impulse buys and I got ***** on the interest.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it really a Z71 or did they just slap the decals on it?

Check with your bank or credit union before using dealer financing. You can probably get a better rate from them. The dealer makes most of there money on financing so they will use the bank that will pay them the most not the one that gives you the best rate......

FPU is great, im learning alot and Dave is hilarious.....

radical7

admitted truck *****
Reaction score
Also whats up with the z71 stickers? If the dealer isnt willing to give you the Carfax I'd walk as well.....
i would find out if it was wrecked if not sounds like it had a flat bed and someone replaced it and didn't care to pull the z71 stickers.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thats not even the right sticker for the body style though.

But since there is no such animal they are just slapped on for looks no matter what....

RGV2DRHOE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah they just slapped the sticker on there, the truck ran great, and is in amazing condition in and out just came back from test driving it and crunching the numbers. There was no leaks anywhere on the truck engine, diffs, tranny, or t case, and I know they weren't cleaned cuz there was still road grime on the parts just not oil. It came with a 5th wheel which means it was used for towing but the transmission showed no signs of abuse, shifted smooth and precise, and the engine was strong as hell the rear end came loose more than once with out me trying to dog it. So all around a good buy, and even though they gave me what I was asking for my tahoe the numbers just weren't coming out right so I walked...

radical7

admitted truck *****
Reaction score
damn that sucked u couldnt make the deal, well at least u dont have any payments