Opinions on a buying a new truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RGV2DRHOE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Was on my way to work today when I saw a nice Chevy HD in the car lot across the expressway from work. Since I was 20 minutes early I decided to kill some time by taking a look. Its a 2005 Chevrolet 2500HD with a 6.0. I know this is a GMT400 forum but I think the new truck bug bit me and I value your guys opinions. I've always said the only thing I would get rid of my truck for is an old K-5, or a newer HD.

This is there website to take a look at it:
http://performance.hasyourcar.com/Default.aspx?tabid=16307&stocknumber=967843&controlKey=Details

Its got the same miles as my truck, and in about the same shape on the interior, and way better on the exterior. He said it was a local truck which I believe due to the lack of rust anywhere on the undercarriag and body. All around a pretty clean truck. My wife has been bitching at me to get a 4 door, and that HD drive train just gives me a piece of mind I've never been able to have with my tahoe.

RGV2DRHOE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah my truck has been payed off for a while now, if they can give me atleast 4k for my truck I might have to pull the trigger

RGV2DRHOE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nah if they can't give what I want for the Hoe, and cant keep the payments under 250 I'll be walking. Im trying to find info on the 2005 2500's like detailed specs and cant find anything online...

RGV2DRHOE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If anyone out there has an unlimited carfax account or works for a dealership and can run this VIN for me I'd much appreciate it. 1GCHK23U15F967843

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Personally I wouldnt pay that for it with that kinda milage on a gas drivetrain. You should be able to find a nice duramax for that price.

I'm also thinking you shouldn't go into debt for a want, save up cash and you can work a better deal, but i'm also inthe middle of financial peace and that has changed my thinking on alot of things. I know Dave would say no to the car loan.....

Also whats up with the z71 stickers? If the dealer isnt willing to give you the Carfax I'd walk as well.....

RGV2DRHOE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I cant justify the cost of a diesel's keep up for the kind of driving I do. As far as the miles I've heard nothing but great things about the 6.0, 4l80e, and 14 bolt rear end such as 250,000 hard miles with no problems and regular maintenance on a lot of HD's out there. Plus its still marked a couple k under BB. Yeah the z71 stickers did throw me off a little bit, but the undercarriage as well as the rest of the truck are pretty clean, so I'm sure the dealership was just trying to take advantage of the areas ignorance on vehicles, thinking z71 sticker will sale the truck faster. But definitely will be getting a carfax report either way, and the truck isn't 100% a want as the little one is now here and a 4 door would make life a little bit easier for me.

200th post woo hoo!!!

Last edited:

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
I didn't notice the Z-71 stickers, that would definitely make me want a carfax. Things like that can indicate a wreck.