Open request to help interpret TunerPro recorded log

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it is puffing smoke at fire up in the morning and/or when it has been idling for a period of time then those valve seals would be suspect. If the guides were worn the new seals would only be short lived.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1995 Chevy K2500 5.7 350 TBI with 4l60e trans. 131k miles.
What PCM Service Number are you running, the 7427? With A219 $OE TPS v250.adx your BLM looks pretty good (maybe a tad lean)
You must be registered for see images attach

But, while accelerating (light blue line), you're getting a lot of Knock Retard (green line) and your Spark Advance (dark blue line) is all over the place. Your TPS (red line) looks OK.

When cruising, there's no KCs. You can see on the far left of the table KCs are going down, thus your SA is steady at ~20.

KCs can be caused by loose exhaust, motor mounts, etc. Or, your Knock Sensor is bad. In a 94, your EST is internal in the PCM, hopefully it's not the issue.

Anyone else wanna chime in?

Moss

Reaction score
What PCM Service Number are you running, the 7427? With A219 $OE TPS v250.adx your BLM looks pretty good (maybe a tad lean)
Yes, the 7427 I think.

So I should maybe start by checking exhaust connections from the motor and motor mounts?
Also, could I take a multimeter to the knock sensor to ensure it's functioning correctly?

Thank you!

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
could I take a multimeter to the knock sensor to ensure it's functioning correctly?
That reminds me, improper torque (~30 Ft/Lbs IIRC) on it can give you false KCs too. Maybe your FSM will help on troubleshooting it...