OOBS front frame section in OBS.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Seems as though (after doing some sleuthing) the DM would make the track width almost spot on the same as an OBS. 62.6" is stock for an OBS and 65.8" is stock on an OOBS. Minus the 3" the DM narrows it, it comes to 62.8". Less than a quarter inch.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I haven't payed much attention but does the DM still use the same old crappy shim method for alignment that the regular 73-87's do, that is one of the thing's that I really like about the 88-98 is the way upper CA adjusts.

supertrucker1978

She Does???
Reaction score
Along with my trucks I have tinkered with some hot rods, If you are looking to swap clips why couldn't you do like a universal Mustang II front cross member from some place like Heidts, Fatman Fab or Paul Horton's welders series. You can set your ride height where you want, rack and pinion steering, options for coil-overs, bags or coil springs, lots of brake options and I have found some narrowed control arms for them too. Just an idea........