One gauge light not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jack Schneider

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The bulb behind the oil pressure gauge doesn’t seem to work... I’ve replaced the bulb twice and the second time it did light up but a few minutes later stopped working. All the other lights are fine. Any ideas?

Jack Schneider

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So the bulb works until it snaps into place on the back I found out ... not sure if this can even be fixed

laidbackbigun

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got some leds that i could turn to far when twisting them in. Once that far they were off the circuit and hence wouldnt work.

Jack Schneider

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have no idea what I did but it’s fixed for now... [knocks on wood]
You must be registered for see images attach

Jack Schneider

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So now my speedometer and coolant temp and odometer don’t work.... I took it back apart and nothing is loose

Jack Schneider

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I replaced the back board with one from a low mileage junker and the coolant gauge works now but still not the odometer and speedometer... any ideas? is there a fuse for the speedometer?

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
Yes, it would work. Well, I believe it would. I believe the 91-94 trucks are wired for either cluster. I've never owned one but am familiar with the '88-'90.5 slice 'o' pie goodness and the associated conversion.

If your truck is a V6, pull a tach cluster from a V6 and if it's an 8, make sure to pull the cluster from a V8. Otherwise, the tach will be off. I'm not too sure about that though but it's what I do to be safe.