Oil leak, but not where I thought the leak was

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know about Texas, I'm sure it's cheaper than out here in the middle of the desert but, our local TA truck stop (Shell brand) is $2.419 for unleaded regular. I run 91 octane premium and just paid $2.779/Gallon

Pinger

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't know about Texas, I'm sure it's cheaper than out here in the middle of the desert but, our local TA truck stop (Shell brand) is $2.419 for unleaded regular. I run 91 octane premium and just paid $2.779/Gallon

Your priciest is $0.73/litre. Here 95 octane is around $1.61 (£1.29)/litre so $6.11/USG.
The LPG (propane) I use is $0.91/litre - still pricier than your most expensive gasoline (and delivers less mpg).

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I got 10 gallons yesterday for $16 , filled up last week, 35 gallons and it was >$53. That 44 gallon tank, l try not to get below half but not always possible. But I survived $4+ a gallon back in 2008 with my first 99 Burb, same motor. So I do feel your pain!

Wilecoyote

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Watching with interest. Can the oil pan gasket be replaced without removing the gearbox?

Not sure where my leak is coming from, but it is leaking a lot.

Also if I have a wet patch around my PC valve, would this mean its blocked? I wonder if that is not helping with blow by and making the leak out the bottom worse.

I have no leaks from my intake.

replace the PCV,Tube and grommet if you have'nt done it already.