Oil leak, but not where I thought the leak was

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
We are down to 2.01 a gallon here in Erie, I drove over to Conneaut Ohio a few days ago and gas was 1.65 a gallon. I filled the Suburban for 40.00 And went to the liquor store since Governor ******* (Oops) I mean Wolf decided to close all of the state run liquor stores in PA because he does not feel that they a essential to the economy in PA. All though his cabinet making business is considered essential under his "Do as I say not as I do" Dictatorship. Cockbag! :Big Laugh:

delta_p

OBS Chevrolet, When Silverado Was A Trim
Reaction score
Got it done! Started up and ran good. no leaks that i can tell but i only drove it around 20 miles. I had to put the friggin transmission on twice. The first time i forgot about the cable bracket and is got stuck between somehow, rotate the torque converter and it comes to a stop, flywheel won't turn. Off it comes, set up, and back on. you can see the darn thing in the photo.

I have to say without a lift and one guy, it's a chore moving around and heaving that ****** up on there on the jack. My little harbor freight trans jack leaned a little so I had to hook one dowel pin and then adjust the jack and the engine to rotate it around off the dowel.

On the rear seal retainer, i found one of the bolts was loose but there was no evidence of oil leaks. They don't get much torque anyway. The old gasket was a pain to scrape off.

Anyway, I said I would get a pic of the felpro gasket so here it is. yeah I we a little overboard on the ultrablack. My kid says it looks like BumbleBee eating cake icing.

Back to enjoying life!

You must be registered for see images attach

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Glad you finally got it fixed! Thanks for letting us know and thanks again to all of y'all who put in suggestions and comments. Interesting to know how widely ranging gas prices are in the United States, and being reminded of how expensive it is to have a car or truck in the United Kingdom