OBD1 ABS Power Brake Bleed - Kelsey Hayes 4wal - Snap-on MT2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I legitimately was trying to help until you pointed your anger at me in post #29. So quit your crying and “I’m gonna tell Mommy” :bawl:. Post #40 is a collection of your words. Not just me, look at the way you responded to @GeorgeHill. Nobody needs to be talked down like that.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You have a brake code present. If there are error codes present it won’t power bleed.

Reaction score
I legitimately was trying to help until you pointed your anger at me in post #29. So quit your crying and “I’m gonna tell Mommy” :bawl:. Post #40 is a collection of your words. Not just me, look at the way you responded to @GeorgeHill. Nobody needs to be talked down like that.
Just keep justifying your mental retardation, you only continue to validate my point

Reaction score
You have a brake code present. If there are error codes present it won’t power bleed.
Perhaps true with some software versions yes, however the last power bleed as done with the code present. There's definitely a difference between versions

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Both of y'all need to stop. All you're doing is diminishing our respect for both of you. Trying to "win" an online argument is a zero sum game.

Reaction score
While waiting on the TECH2, (which will take awhile - CHINA) I've decided to tackle this lingering ABS trouble code. As @fancyTBI stated: "You have a brake code present. If there are error codes present it won’t power bleed". - Referring to the limitations of the MT2500 which is mostly true, even though the other guy's unit would, doesn't mean they all will and obviously my version 1.6 is no exception. So therefore I've decided to: FIX-IT - in "hopes" this MT2500 unit will display Power Bleed Functions. As I've already mentioned before a few times over... but I know I'll be forced to say it again: the brake system in this 95 K1500 4x4 Kelsey Hayes 4wal ABS has been recently replaced with the exception of the ABS Pump itself and whatever sensors or additional control units it may have (I'm seriously hoping there isn't a hidden control module somewhere). The ABS Pump "s" (bought more than 1) were sourced from other known working systems. Booster, Master, Calipers, Front Brake Hoses, Pads, Rotors, Rear Brake Hose, Rear Steel Brake Lines, Drums, Shoes, Wheel Cylinders - ALL NEW. AND **YES** I BENCH BLED THE GOD DAMN MASTER CYLINDER. - With all that being re-said... Obviously now the problem is within the "electrical system" so too speak. I will lay this fact out right now: I've never owned or worked on a K/C Series trucks before, my knowledge is sub-par which is why I am here picking brains. All I can say: (despite GM's BS ABS) I know why ya'll like these trucks: I too have fallen in love with it. Darn good dependable and running truck when proper upkeeping is preformed. So therefore I am forced to research whatever information is found or given. With this particular problem: ABS Trouble Code, I've noticed it's leaning towards: "not what it appears too be" kinda thing. Just because a scanner says a sensor is bad, doesn't always mean it is. Could be as simple as a faulty connection, broken wire, short, etc. I'm reading from other blogs it's the Bearing itself causing it. Before I go spending money on parts I don't need while chasing phantom problems, I'm curious as to what others have too say on the manner. Has anyone dealt with this particular trouble code and if so, what was the "REAL" problem and "appropriate" FIX to said problem? Additionally: I am not feeling or hearing anything unusual with the Front Axles. The Tires do Howl because they're "off road" but completely normal. I did recently replace the Front Axle Boots and Grease Packed the snot out of them of course. Boots we're extremely dry rotted and cracked. When the front end is lifted allowing the tires to spin freely, still nothing unusual... no grinding, no dragging, no wheel or tire wobble, everything "appears" to be "fine", however, I'm fully aware "appearances" can be deceiving. Lastly, when driving there's still nothing unusual, no pulling, shaking, shimmering, etc. --- with the exception of doing 80+, she will start walking all over the place: 3in Lift --- That Air likes to swoop up underneath. Doesn't matter, she's not for speed anyways.

Attachments

• 26.jpg
    26.jpg
    291.5 KB · Views: 10