Mt2500 gm-3abs adapter question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

man-a-fre

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was wondering what years this gm-3abs adapter is needed for ? I have a mt2500 with th black primary that is domestic 9.2 to 2008 and I believe it has the abs menu. i dont have a abs trouble shooter cartridge but have a black 8.2 troubleshooter. Anyways on my 94 k1500 I use the gm-1 connector to scan codes do I need the gm-3 abs for this truck for the rwal bleed or is the gm-3 adapter for earlier 88-91 trucks? Basically I am asking what trucks need this adapter and what cartridge is needed with it ,and what procedures it is able to do.

Last edited:

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd expect your '2500 to tell you what adapter is needed. You'd set up the VIN inputs, select ABS, and I'd think the tool would tell you to connect whichever adapter to the ALDL connector.

I bought--but have not used--the GM3 adapter for my '92 and '93 Luminas. Far as I know the GMT400 vehicles don't use the GM3 adapter, but I've been wrong before. At least, my '88 K1500 iron RWAL doesn't need GM3, and the '97 is OBD2.

man-a-fre

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'd expect your '2500 to tell you what adapter is needed. You'd set up the VIN inputs, select ABS, and I'd think the tool would tell you to connect whichever adapter to the ALDL connector.

I bought--but have not used--the GM3 adapter for my '92 and '93 Luminas. Far as I know the GMT400 vehicles don't use the GM3 adapter, but I've been wrong before. At least, my '88 K1500 iron RWAL doesn't need GM3, and the '97 is OBD2.
Thank you Shurkey that helps greatly, it is appreciated.

hatzie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just FYI
You can get the same functionality as the 1980-82 GM-2 & ABS GM-3 from the MT2500-90 Multi-1
The Multi-1 is easier too find as well.
If you're desperate you can make a Multi-1 with a low density DB15 Female, several wires, a couple of the correct resistors, and some heatshrink. Easier and much cheaper to buy one tho.
There's a thread about that adapter on the Snap On product forums.

https://productforum.autorepairdata.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10294