OBD1 ABS Power Brake Bleed - Kelsey Hayes 4wal - Snap-on MT2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
This is the website I sourced my Tech2:

Yes, it is Chinese and directly shipped from China however there were no complications worthy of note to report.
They asked for more money to ship after purchase however after replying, "refund and cancel the purchase" they immediately apologized and shipped it via DHL.
Shipping took about 3 weeks.
I used PayPal for the purchase and there was no funny business in the transaction.
Note the flash cart is an extra $28 and shipping is an additional charge on top of the actual unit price.
You'll notice one BIG thing about this sale: it includes the CANDI interface.
If you look for this Tech2 on eBay, not only will you find horrific vomit inducing prices, the CANDI unit is never included and sold separately with its own vomit inducing price.
Lastly, the units sold and shipped are brand new, NOT USED. Mine didn't even have the logo stickers on it. All in a little baggy for the buyer to put on. Screen is new with a peel protector. Everything including the disc's we're untouched with the exception of the Flash Cart itself.

hatzie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Same way mine came. I never put on the stickers.

I haven't been looking at evilbay Tech2 auctions but I'm not shocked. eBay is a mess and getting worse just like Amazon and several other e-commerce platforms that have "matured"... more like metastasized. Not super interested in the details of all $60 of my yard sale earnings being shared with the eternal revenue service either.

Reaction score
Same way mine came. I never put on the stickers.

I haven't been looking at evilbay Tech2 auctions but I'm not shocked. eBay is a mess and getting worse just like Amazon and several other e-commerce platforms that have "matured"... more like metastasized. Not super interested in the details of all $60 of my yard sale earnings being shared with the eternal revenue service either.
Unfortunately, sites like eBay and Amazon aren't going anywhere anytime soon and if you really want something, that's probably where you're gonna find it because people aren't gonna just stop using it no matter how crappy it gets. I know of other platforms but the biggest problem is: people just don't use them and they're extremely limited. I believe the worst to date has too be Facebook Marketplace. Indeed you'll find local deals, but you'll also find every local idiot along with it, including the scammer over seas just drooling over the opportunity to scalp you. But, it is what it is.

Reaction score
Okay, because I'm an idiot that just won't quit, I'm currently sourcing/researching the latest software already loaded on the MT2500 cartridges. Question is: how to know what version is on the cart before purchasing...

Reaction score
I find it incredible how every single blog posting related to this very subject, there's always someone claiming the Tech2 will do ALLLLLLLL of this. Of course they've never tested it out themselves and thus speaking straight out there @$$ on the subject. There is literally no explanation to this issue besides a bunch of OBD2 brain warped individuals with there 2 cents

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I find it incredible how every single blog posting related to this very subject, there's always someone claiming the Tech2 will do ALLLLLLLL of this. Of course they've never tested it out themselves and thus speaking straight out there @$$ on the subject. There is literally no explanation to this issue besides a bunch of OBD2 brain warped individuals with there 2 cents
The FSM says the tech 2 will do it. Did you fix your codes?

Reaction score
The FSM says the tech 2 will do it. Did you fix your codes?
Yeah, well, just because "they said" doesn't make it truth. And that very "claim" is currently being debunked. And yes, the sensors were replaced and neither unit, MT2500 or Tech2 is reporting any faults. Folks seriously need to stop giving the same repetitive suggestion, especially if they haven't or cannot verify. So far when it comes to anything OB1 (1995 & Older) no unit has the function to purge the air from the ABS (ABS Brake Bleed). With that being said, the function isn't even listed until year 1998 on the Tech2. I've seen the YouTube videos, one dude with a Diesel had the function for a 1997. Yet all videos and blogs will label 1995+ with absolutely no proof backing it up.

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, well, just because "they said" doesn't make it truth. And that very "claim" is currently being debunked. And yes, the sensors were replaced and neither unit, MT2500 or Tech2 is reporting any faults. Folks seriously need to stop giving the same repetitive suggestion, especially if they haven't or cannot verify. So far when it comes to anything OB1 (1995 & Older) no unit has the function to purge the air from the ABS (ABS Brake Bleed). With that being said, the function isn't even listed until year 1998 on the Tech2. I've seen the YouTube videos, one dude with a Diesel had the function for a 1997. Yet all videos and blogs will label 1995+ with absolutely no proof backing it up.
Have you considered that the whole module might be broken? Mine was broke, would still communicate with the Solus Pro (17.2 software which has the ABS bleed function) but wouldn’t perform the test. The scanner claimed there were zero codes present but when I jumped the terminals on the ALDL port there were several stored codes - these would not allow the scanner to perform the procedure.

Reaction score
Have you considered that the whole module might be broken? Mine was broke, would still communicate with the Solus Pro (17.2 software which has the ABS bleed function) but wouldn’t perform the test. The scanner claimed there were zero codes present but when I jumped the terminals on the ALDL port there were several stored codes - these would not allow the scanner to perform the procedure.
Friend, with all due respect, this isn't a matter of: "the scanner won't preform" the test, there simply is "NO OPTION" to preform or initiate said purge/test. Additionally, your idea of the unit being broken does have merit, although, it came out of a known working truck at time of the pull. I pulled it myself and the brakes were FULLY functional meaning no spongy shenanigans with the engine running. Tranny was shot and the truck was parted out. These ABS units are also interchangeable thru many years. They used the exact same unit for many years.

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Friend, with all due respect, this isn't a matter of: "the scanner won't preform" the test, there simply is "NO OPTION" to preform or initiate said purge/test. Additionally, your idea of the unit being broken does have merit, although, it came out of a known working truck at time of the pull. I pulled it myself and the brakes were FULLY functional meaning no spongy shenanigans with the engine running. Tranny was shot and the truck was parted out. These ABS units are also interchangeable thru many years. They used the exact same unit for many years.
Actually they are not all interchangeable. They do vary depending on the brake RPO codes and GVWR that the truck has. There are 4 unique combination valves on the C/K trucks. The BPMV is different - I think 2 different types. The EBCM is different. There are 6 different EBCMs that could be equipped based on the trucks configuration. There’s no way to tell which EBCM or BPMV a truck has based on visual inspection alone. They all look the same.