OBD1 ABS Power Brake Bleed - Kelsey Hayes 4wal - Snap-on MT2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GeorgeHill

Reaction score
I am -not- interested in "loaning", I'm interested in getting to the bottom of this once and for all..... If we don't do it, nobody else will.

I have a '95 and have had the same issues you mention for a LONG time. I have not ventured down this road because of the lack of REAL info so I am following this thread with interest.

I do think @studigggs is onto something but I don't understand why you would shoot down his offer. IF he sends you what he has and it works then you know what you need to buy, seems like a very efficient use of your time to confirm and then source on your own otherwise you are still spending money to guess.

Reaction score
I have a '95 and have had the same issues you mention for a LONG time. I have not ventured down this road because of the lack of REAL info so I am following this thread with interest.

I do think @studigggs is onto something but I don't understand why you would shoot down his offer. IF he sends you what he has and it works then you know what you need to buy, seems like a very efficient use of your time to confirm and then source on your own otherwise you are still spending money to guess.
Does anyone actually "read" anything anymore? At what point did I "shoot down" his offer? Carefully read it again. I turned his offer into something bigger.

GeorgeHill

Reaction score
Does anyone actually "read" anything anymore? At what point did I "shoot down" his offer? Carefully read it again. I turned his offer into something bigger.

Maybe I missed it, but where in your post did it say you would take him up on his offer?

Reaction score
I will truly never understand how individuals simply cannot read or understand a concept. You explain yourself blue in the face with great politeness but make one sarcastic comment, and that's all that's seen or understood. Nonetheless, I don't care, Moving Forward: Whether or not this MT2500 project turns into something fruitful, I am still rolling the dice on the TECH2 which has been ordered. I now play the waiting game on the mail. Although, I am greatly looking forward to adventuring on this MT2500 Rom Dumping. It will take some time to source the necessary hardware. Thanks to others like Studigggs for the new information, this may very well be possible. Little tid bits of information goes a very long ways. In the meantime I will spend the money on the TECH2. There needs to be more than 1 option on this matter. The MT2500 could be a valid option however, it's always going to be an EXPENSIVE option. Just obtaining the darn thing set me back $500 and so we've already learned, it's not complete: it needs a serious update. Other's will face this same problem not knowing what software was originally programmed onto the unit until it arrives in the mail. There needs to be an option for everyone being able to send off there own cart for updating. The most difficult part of this ENTIRE project will be finding THAT ONE CART with the appropriate software needed. Once the ROM is dumped and copied for re-programming to other carts, it'll be a cake walk, but finding that cart may be an issue - hopefully not. The TECH2, though still not cheap, is a $300 option vs $500+. Currently I am researching what methods Snap-on themselves used to program the carts: hardware/software. I doubt I will ever get the software, but it's still possible to rig a program to do the same thing. We just cannot "rig" the software within the cart so therefore we need to find a cart already programmed for Rom Dumping.

Reaction score
Maybe I missed it, but where in your post did it say you would take him up on his offer?
Very well, I will HIGHLIGHT it for you.

I am -not- interested in "loaning", I'm interested in getting to the bottom of this once and for all.

And let not this become a "greed" thing either, I intend to freely share everything.

I will make the first step by rolling the dice on the hardware required, hopefully those like yourself with known working Carts will be willing to "lend" said Cart temporarily for Rom Dumping.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-27 095749.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-11-27 095749.jpg
    191.1 KB · Views: 5
Reaction score
One last point I must make: when I say: "And let not this become a "greed" thing either, I intend to freely share everything". I mean it. I am willing to do most of the leg work and spend the money solving this issue. The goal is to provide a service that is: Updating the carts to the required software version containing all necessary (if not the very latest) software ever programmed for the unit. At which point, I will not charge to update the carts. Just pay the shipping to and from. The process is so easy and fast it's not worth a service fee. Rom Dumping and Transfer literally takes seconds. There's no value in it however there is GREAT value for the individual in need of the software to preform the necessary repairs on his vehicle. I personally don't feel EVERYTHING must be a MONEY thing. I ain't rich, most likely whomever is reading this isn't rich either trying to find an alternate (cheaper) method. Hence the entire point of this. Stay Tuned

KansasOBS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sure seems like a lot of nonsense for just ABS, 95% of the vehicles Ive drove through my life didn't even have it. Then its not like there is a parts abundance to fix them when problems arise anyhow.

Reaction score
Sure seems like a lot of nonsense for just ABS, 95% of the vehicles Ive drove through my life didn't even have it. Then its not like there is a parts abundance to fix them when problems arise anyhow.
Oh, it is nonsense. The blunt truth is: it's total bull$hit, however, we all have our reasons for doing it. Personally, I wanna eliminate it, it can be done... but it'll NEVER pass inspection. I don't have that "buddy" who will slap a sticker on it for fifty bucks either. If you do, good for you

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ALL LIES!!!!!

I'm not sure where you got that OBD transition information from but nonetheless, I am NOT here to argue with anyone.

Finally, some "actual" help that just may be fruitful. I like picking at people's brains for information but most times that information is either a BIG secrete or they just don't know squat but yet claim they've been doing it for 20+ years... okay.

At no point have I called anyone out within this forum as the previous puke suggested. My references are towards people in general,

Does anyone actually "read" anything anymore?

I will truly never understand how individuals simply cannot read or understand a concept.