NV3500 Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JPVortex

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hello yall, so I have a 94 K1500 with the 4l60e. The 4l60e is slipping so I know its on buyed time. I am looking into swapping to a NV3500 after it goes, I want it to be a manual for a cheapish price, so I'm not really looking at NV4500 right now.

My questions are as follows:

- Is this a pretty much direct swap to do?
- What is exactly everything I will need?
- How difficult is mounting a clutch pedal into the truck and will I need to cut into the floor at all to fit a shifter in?
- Will a NV3500 from a 4.3 V6 fit into a truck with a 5.7 350?
- How much wiring is required?
- Are there any complete swap guides out there or anyone who has documented their swap on this forum?

Thanks!

ralmo94

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
From the ECU part of it, you will need a manual calibration. A lot of different parameters in the IAC settings and others are different.

Most factory trucks that year came with the older ECU's . On the gearhead forum, there is a file I created for $0D, that should work just fine for your 94. Only thing reported with it was shift light in 5th gear, but could be resolved with adjustment I'm sure. Shouldn't need anything for the wiring that I'm aware of but you SHOULD get a proper chip.

JPVortex

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok thank you!

Will I need a NV3500 from a specific year of vehicle? I watched this video and he seemed to get the wrong NV3500 at first(
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
)

Keep in mind mine is a 4x4 not a 2wd.
From the ECU part of it, you will need a manual calibration. A lot of different parameters in the IAC settings and others are different.

Most factory trucks that year came with the older ECU's . On the gearhead forum, there is a file I created for $0D, that should work just fine for your 94. Only thing reported with it was shift light in 5th gear, but could be resolved with adjustment I'm sure. Shouldn't need anything for the wiring that I'm aware of but you SHOULD get a proper chip.

ralmo94

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok thank you!

Will I need a NV3500 from a specific year of vehicle? I watched this video and he seemed to get the wrong NV3500 at first(
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
)

Keep in mind mine is a 4x4 not a 2wd.
I believe, but not certain, you just need an NV3500 C as in Chevy, I don't believe you need a specific year, but as long as it will bolt in, you should be good

ralmo94

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Obviously you will need a pedal assembly from a manual truck, with clutch and brake pedaling