NP241C Mounting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EDS_5_OH

Reaction score
All,

Installing a transfer case into my son's 1990 K1500 RCSB truck. Wasn't in the truck when we got it. Got it mounted up to the output flange of the 700R4 tranny with a gasket. I have a skid plate that goes under the transfer case. Does the transfer case just mount to the tranny mount only? No side support or strut also?

Anyone have a picture of one installed so I can verify I have everything correct?

Thanks,
Ed

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
I can get a pic Later im not exactly sure what you are asking

EDS_5_OH

Reaction score
I can get a pic Later im not exactly sure what you are asking

Thanks. It was late last night... The only mounting points I have used to support the transfer case are the 6 bolts that connect the input of the transfer case to the output of my 700R4 transmission. Is there any additional support braces? My 2500 HD truck has additional support struts so it seemed odd to me that the only mounting support for the transfer case were the bolts going to the tranny.

Thanks,
Ed

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
What about the transfercase crossmember?

EDS_5_OH

Reaction score
I've got it installed right, just looked under a similar truck here at work. It's surprising that the entire transfer case is cantilevered off of 6 3/8" bolts going into an Aluminum housing. Must work fine.