no start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My truck wouldn't start this morning, it just had that fast clicking noise. But I just tried starting it again holding the black post on the door jamb in so the interior light wouldn't come on and it started up.

It has an older battery but its reading 12.60 volts when the truck was off. Starter and alternator are both recent new delco units. Just the battery or what do you think is going on?

Rewind

STEPSIDES ROCK!!!!
Reaction score
Did you make sure you have good/clean/tight connections at the battery?

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did you make sure you have good/clean/tight connections at the battery?

yes.

And i just shut it off and it started back up fine.

Last edited:

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just took it off to make sure and there is a little white corrosion under the positive cable

Rewind

STEPSIDES ROCK!!!!
Reaction score
Get one of those battery terminal cleaners...........they do wonders.

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yep thanks bud I'll pick one up at advance, I just had to kind of half ass clean it with a wire brush. I'm hoping thats all it is, but planning on getting a battery soon since the current one was purchased march 07.

Rewind

STEPSIDES ROCK!!!!
Reaction score
Yea, you're getting real close to needing a new batt. Sometimes it doesn't take much build-up to break the connection.

unstable

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
good chance that your ground strap is questionable. Had the same sort of ordeal on another vehicle. Sporadically wouldn't start, replaced the ground cable and that problem disappeared.

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
fvckin stuck again, did it this morning