no spark still... help please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
just to add some more background on the truck

it has a set of shorty headers with 2.5" duals. I have a tune that is mostly for the size of tires and turning off the rear O2s. I also have a brand new drop in K&N air filter, front O2 sensors, fuel pump and filter. Im sure there is more stuff I have done, but thats whats coming to mind right now.

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
okay, so the truck has been running, its not like something is installed incorrectly from the engine swap or something.

this might sound strange, but go pull the dist cap off and look at the mounting tabs on the distributor body itself (where the bolts for the cap go into the body) if you can get up under there.

I had a similar no start problem a while ago that left me stranded. turned out to be the Einstiens at GM made the distributor body out of plastic (what a great idea right?), well the hold down tabs that the cap screws bolt to had hairline cracks in them and all of a sudden they just decided to not hold the cap down enough while I was driving home from work one day. took me forever to figure it out because the cap appeared to be on there good and screws seemed to be holding it down okay, but it wasn't. you could also try pressing down on the dist cap a little while someone trys to start it.

also, are the coil and ignition module mounted in the stock location?

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
when you replaced the ignition module did you use the thermal grease between it and the heatsink?

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
everything is in the stock locations.... and I pulled the coil wire off the dist and had no spark there. The dist may still have issues, but I'm not putting spark to the distributor. I guess that would have been a good point for me to share previously. Sorry about that.

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you mentioned you had a tune, but you said you got the PCM reflashed, I'm assuming that was flashed back to stock, correct?