no spark still... help please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
lets start from scratch please.

I have no spark at the plugs or coming from the coil.

I have a new crank shaft position sensor, ignition control module, and ignition coil as of this past 4-5days. I have tested the wiring harness for the crank shaft position sensor to be good, and still get P0336 and 339 cels. I have good voltage going to the control module and the coil. The distributor cap and rotor have both been removed, cleaned and inspected. They were new in nov/dec when the new motor went in. I have left the trucks batteries unplugged over night to clear any codes. Nothing is working yet.

The only thing left I can think to try is reflashing my ecm and seeing what happens.

Last edited:

barebones 1500

I'm That Guy
Reaction score
What about cam sensor? I checked in my haynes and it said that it works like the crank sensor to let the ECM know when the #1 cylinder is TDC.

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was just talking to norcal about that. Im pretty sure if the cam sensor goes, the truck shifts to a limp mode

barebones 1500

I'm That Guy
Reaction score
that is entirely possible but you have tried all the obvious with no help. i think it is at least worth checking.

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
true enough... I'll check my service manual for a voltage check on it. I am about to see if I can flash the ecm