NO PARKING BRAKES

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

homerun

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I replaced my wheel cylinders on my truck but now I cant get the parking brake to work they worked fine before, I am wondering do I have to adjust them a certain way any help would be appreciated Oh I for got to mention that I have already bled the lines and I have pretty good brakes just no parking brakes

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
You may not have reassembled the parking brake parts correctly, otherwise as said, it could just be out of adjustment.

jarede525

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Whenever I got my truck, the parking brake didn't work. Turns out whoever did the brakes before me didn't put the parking brake return spring back on.
Had to buy a new set of springs.

Might take a look at all your springs and everything inside the drum. If the shoes weren't tight enough ^^

91Bluestreak

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
you can adjust the cable under the truck aswell. I removed the parking brake arm on my truck because the cables were seized applied.

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When one adjusted the parking brake push down on the pedal 4 clicks then adjust it that way it won't go down real low before it reacts.