No Hitch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
yeah that's what I was thinking. Do I use one of the bolts for the bumper bracket to hold part of it on? I know the rear most (of the truck) mounts tot he bumper bracket where it's slanted but the rest I can't figure out.

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
i wouldnt use just plain washers like that. i would atleast step up the washers to larger thicker ones to spread the load out.....
the ones that come with hitches is a larger steel square THICK washers that go ontop and on the bottom to sandwich the frame and hitch fully.
if you have some basic tools you can make your own spacers with some thick flat bar steel and a drill press. or just buy a new hitch hardware kit.
the washers look like this....
http://www.etrailer.com/Accessories-and-Parts/Reese/110938.html
etrailer has always helped me out. just send them a message im sure they can find just the proper washers for ya.

well worth the trouble to have it more secure like it should be! youd hate it if something broke and your trailer banged into the back of your truck or even worse some one elses vehicle! better safe than sorry!

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
does anyone have a pic showing an entire side of the hitch bolted up? and as far as hardware, just get 6 grade 8 bolts, 6 nuts, and 12? washers?

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
o ya if the hitches doesnt match up to the holes in the frame... ya got the wrong one :( i know tahoe/suburban hitches are different than trucks. you can make them work by drilling holes in the frame I THINK but id rather just buy the right one! i found out the hard way myself after removing a nice one from a tahoe only to test fit it onto a truck like mine out in the junkyard and notice the other mounting holes didnt line up! :( but atleast i didnt pay for it already and get it home.lol but still sucks doing all that work for nothing :(

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
i wouldnt use just plain washers like that. i would atleast step up the washers to larger thicker ones to spread the load out.....
the ones that come with hitches is a larger steel square THICK washers that go ontop and on the bottom to sandwich the frame and hitch fully.
if you have some basic tools you can make your own spacers with some thick flat bar steel and a drill press. or just buy a new hitch hardware kit.
the washers look like this....
http://www.etrailer.com/Accessories-and-Parts/Reese/110938.html
etrailer has always helped me out. just send them a message im sure they can find just the proper washers for ya.

well worth the trouble to have it more secure like it should be! youd hate it if something broke and your trailer banged into the back of your truck or even worse some one elses vehicle! better safe than sorry!

ok thank you. I didn't know they made hardware kits. Do these hitches require a 1/2" bolt? and what is the wire pulls for?

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I can get one tomarrow morning before church
cool thanks.
o ya if the hitches doesnt match up to the holes in the frame... ya got the wrong one :( i know tahoe/suburban hitches are different than trucks. you can make them work by drilling holes in the frame I THINK but id rather just buy the right one! i found out the hard way myself after removing a nice one from a tahoe only to test fit it onto a truck like mine out in the junkyard and notice the other mounting holes didnt line up! :( but atleast i didnt pay for it already and get it home.lol but still sucks doing all that work for nothing :(

I'm pretty sure it's the right one because the guy had one labled as a Tahoe/Yukon and it had 4 holes on either side. It also had Tahoe/Yukon on the label.